83 Oday 28,.What is this for, a bed support???

May 24, 2011
Oday 28 Windmill Harbor Hilton Head, SC
I am thinking that the port side sette backrest is suppose to lay along-side the bottom cushion, but I am not sure if this recessed area is supposed to house a support leg? I dont think I have that part...Could somebody let me know if I am right?

Attachments

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
On the 85 model there was a wooden support that would fold out from that recess to support the bottom of the bed. The front edge of the bed was supported by a ledge attached to the bulkhead. And the settee backrest just lifted up; the backrest from the quarter berth fit over the extension to make the extra bed space.

May 24, 2011
Oday 28 Windmill Harbor Hilton Head, SC
So how does this piece of wood work, does it set in the recessed area somehow? Is it on a hinges?

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
I remember it being recessed into that cutout, and swinging out along its aft edge. I vaguely remember hinges (maybe a piano hinge?) along that edge, but it's been too long for me to remember that part for sure, and I don't have any pictures that close to the floor.

One thing I do remember is that there should be latches on the part of the bed that slides out to keep it in place. Definitely use those - otherwise you might find that the bed will slide out across the cabin in the event of a near knockdown on port tack.

DYFLWD

Feb 20, 2016
Oday 28 Lake Texoma
Yes a fold out wooden leg was mounted there. Still have mine but I removed slide out bed board.