83 Oday 28 center board cable broke this weekend

May 24, 2011
Oday 28 Windmill Harbor Hilton Head, SC
Does anybody know if there is a "rope to cable connection" for these center boards or is it just the one single line which is feed down the tube from the deck pully? I remember seeing the crimp on the center board cable last time it was out but not really sure where this break may have happend? anybody have a picture that they can share of what i may be dealing with? thanks

May 16, 2011
Oday 28 Niceville, FL
Mine was a rope that was so big the thing was hard to pull and the knot prevented the board from coming all the way up. I replace mine with cable the whole way. Works much better. I had contemplated doing cable go rope but didn't know the length or have the time to deal with getting one made. I did the cable myself since I have a hydraulic crimper. I've posted some photos. But ill repost when I get home since they keep hanging up the app on my phone

May 24, 2011
Oday 28 Windmill Harbor Hilton Head, SC
A diver went down today and filmed his dive. Looks like the cable broke off at the center board tab itself!
I guess k will dive this weekend and see if i can find the cable,,,
Then what?

Attachments

May 16, 2011
Oday 28 Niceville, FL
Sorry this took so long to post. Mine was set up with a shackle as shown with a piece of 5/8" double braid line. It worked but hung up alot and I couldn't pull the board all the up. I decided to forgo the cable to line stuff and just put a piece of cable.

I'm attaching picks of when I first put the cable on and afer it was about to go in the water. Also including a shot up in the keel.

Attachments