‘83 Oday 25 swing / centerboatd

Jan 4, 2020
Hunter HC 30 Washington, NC
Been a member here for several years, check the Hunter forum post for a full restoration we did on a Hunter 30.
This project is a 1983 Oday 25 with the shoal keel / swing up centerboard configurations. We hauled her out and surprise ! The centerboard fell out sometime and is gone. I see where I can buy one for about $800 but figure to build one instead. Just wondering if anyone might could point me to some dimensions.
A638EA86-1E7A-400A-8F3E-809D16453BA7.jpeg

Jun 2, 2004
Oday Day Sailer Wareham, MA
Like this? Not totally complete, but perhaps an O'DAY 25 or 26 owner could fill in the missing measurements.
25-26CB.JPG

Jan 4, 2020
Like this? Not totally complete, but perhaps an O'DAY 25 or 26 owner could fill in the missing measurements.View attachment 209158
Thanks. I had dug around a bit here and found this drawing. I’m using it to build my centerboard, as it is all I can find. It’s all pretty clear except the angle cut at the top of the board. There isn’t a measurement for its length or depth along the top of the board.

Jan 4, 2020
Wanted to follow up on centerboard build.
The drawing posted above and circulated here is NOT correct for the 1983 Oday 25 shoal keel with swinging centerboard. Perhaps it is correct for the 26 .... but I built that and it was too long, too deep and the pin placement was incorrect.

Video Below of a working centerboard for a 25’.

Attachments

Mar 2, 2019
Oday 25 Milwaukee
As far as I'm aware the centerboards are the same . What dimensions do you need ,after you know what doesn't fit with the board you made ?

Jan 4, 2020
As far as I'm aware the centerboards are the same . What dimensions do you need ,after you know what doesn't fit with the board you made ?
The dimensions may be the same. But the drawing you see above that was offered here, is incorrect for the 1983, 25’ Oday. That may also be incorrect for the 26’. .... I can’t say for sure. But it is for sure incorrect for my 1983, 25’. The slot in the shoal keel is not even close to being that long, nor is the slot 17 1/4 inches deep, nor can you possibly make the swing pin fit at the indicated depth.