83' Hunter. Looking to replace the lights in my electrical panel

Jul 16, 2018
Hunter 40 Boston
Hello,

Anyone know where to find replacement light bulbs for the electrical panel? I'm told they're fluorescent and not halogens (The electrician told me people like replacing them with LEDs but that he LEDs don't last as long as the original style)

I didn't see them in the sailboatowners store. But I'm not really sure what to look for there.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
They are LED. Watch the polarity. Also make sure they are the correct size. Not as easy as it sounds.

Jul 16, 2018
Hunter 40 Boston
It says it's a neon light. "Amber neon light for AC systems up to 250 volts." I saw that most of the lights said LED.

I'm hoping it fits, because it was the only one listed like it. Maybe I can re-drill if not.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
... but that he LEDs don't last as long as the original style)
I don't know if that is true or not but LED's consume very little electricity so... if power consumption is an issue you may still want to go that route.

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Note that the 12 volt lights are led and the ones for the 115 AC side (shore power) are the neons. The lights are different for the dc and ac sides of the panel.

Jul 16, 2018
Hunter 40 Boston
I don't know if that is true or not but LED's consume very little electricity so... if power consumption is an issue you may still want to go that route.
LEDs themselves are virtually indestructable, but the bricks that they're connected to are a weak point, apparently. I haven't tested this, but that's what the marina's electrician said.