79 venture 25

Aug 22, 2011
MacGregor Venture V224 Cheeseland
I thought venture (name) production stopped in 77 ?
From my research it seems Mac did a lot of nutty things in the 70's.

Just look at the rig alone for Venture/Mac 21 through that decade - the set up is all over the place....

Jul 29, 2010
Macgregor 76 V-25 #928 Lake Mead, Nevada
The Ventures became MacGregor. Is the emblem on your sail a "V" or an "M"? I remember Roger raced the new hull/top design to Ensenada in '77. I think this was probably hull #1 or close. He added and 8 ft stick on top of 28 ft mast and flew a monster spinnaker. Mac 25's had no built in PITA galley and the cabin top mold was pushed outboard. It was also lighter. A rose by any other color....

Jun 1, 2015
Macgregor 25 Venture Long Beach Harbor
Yep shallow and deep sinks are molded in fix position on port side. Used for dry storage..

Jun 1, 2015
Macgregor 25 Venture Long Beach Harbor
Bummer is that I lost my entire project pictures because phone broke and they were not backed up. Took many months and manhours. I am such a dope!

Aug 22, 2011
MacGregor Venture V224 Cheeseland
Bummer is that I lost my entire project pictures because phone broke and they were not backed up. Took many months and manhours. I am such a dope!

'course you are ya bought a sailboat didnja?

Mar 20, 2012
Cal 34-III, MacGregor 25 Salem, Oregon
77 was the year the name was changed, but that doesnt mean that ALL the boats made from january 1st onward was called a macgregor.
some models of the early 77 boats were still called ventures, whereas other models got the name change sooner, but by about mid 77 they all had the macgregor name.
it had a lot to do with small up-changes in the design of the accommodations/features/options and inventory of the sails with the new name on them...

Apr 25, 2008
Macgregor 25 Cabrillo Marina (San Pedro)Ca
West Wind is a 1979 Venture/Macgregor, the main sail has a V25 on it, for what it's worth.