'75 Cal 2-27 Genoa Block

Dec 23, 2014
Cal 2-27 Lake Norman
I recently purchased a 75 Cal 2-27 which had a missing Schaefer Genoa Block. Could anyone give me suggestions on where to get a used replacement? Thanks!

I had to buy new ones. I need to relax - I am not restoring an A-Model!

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2013
Allied Seawind MK II 32' Oologah Lake, Oklahoma
Don't have any suggestions on a used block but I want to welcome a fellow Cal 2-27 owner. Mine is a 1976 model.
I've had it almost a year and have had it in the water 7 months now and I've really got to liking it.

Dec 23, 2014
Cal 2-27 Lake Norman
Nice to meet you Larry and thank you! I have been doing a lot of work this Winter on the interior and have only motored my boat from one marina to the other. I have been told they sail very well and I am looking forward to my first outing soon. Mine was in need of a good bit of TLC but is coming along nicely. If you ever want to share pics, let me know. All The Best.

Mar 30, 2013
Allied Seawind MK II 32' Oologah Lake, Oklahoma
No special invite needed to share pics.
I'm still pretty much a rookie but the boat is easy to sail, forgiving of the mistakes I make and on the rare occasions I've gotten it right it can be sailed pretty fast.

Dec 23, 2014
Cal 2-27 Lake Norman
From Billy - Lake Norman NC

She is a beauty! I have had sailboats in my 20's/30's - I am now 52. Only freshwater, and I too feel pretty much like a rookie. I will gather a couple of pics and send your way soon. All the best and Happy Sailing.

[/quote]

Nov 17, 2014
Catalina 30 3099 Louisville
The blocks on my Cal 27 T/2 are garhauer, Cals are great boats I race mine and have done pretty well. I can outpoint every other boat in my fleet.

Sep 7, 2015
Cal 2-27 Chesapeake Bay
Buying a 76 Cal 2-27. She's got good bones, just needs a little work. I live in Mt Holly, just outside of Charlotte. Would love to see your boat, it's on Lake Norman?

Dec 23, 2014
Cal 2-27 Lake Norman
Buying a 76 Cal 2-27. She's got good bones, just needs a little work. I live in Mt Holly, just outside of Charlotte. Would love to see your boat, it's on Lake Norman?

Tripaddle, mine needed a lot of work too. Been at it for a year now with nice results. Cal 27's are good sturdy boats. You are welcome to come check mine out. At Waterstreet Seaport Lake Norman. Email me at bensley4@carolina.rr.com and we can trade contact info. Thanks and welcome to this site!