705 LD line

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray

I need to replace the furling line in my Hood 705LD. I've e mailed the company for a copy of the owners manual but so far no joy. Does anyone know the diameter of line used for the 705 LD and more importantly does anyone have instructions for splicing braided line together so as not to increase the diameter. I know I can get spliced line from Hood but I don't want to take off my forestay just to get the line around it if I can do the splicing myself. Any help would be appreciated.

F

Frank Pratt

Hood link

Try this link, their tech tips section plus they stock repair parts

F

Frank Pratt

or this link

http://www.pompanette.com/pompweb.nsf/pages/hoodmain

S

SteveC

I think the size is 3/8"......

I have the intermediate size 8XX on my boat and the rec. size is 7/16". When I replaced mine, I realized that the dealer set it up with 3/8 instead of 7/16 and it explains why it sometines slipped in heavier winds...

C

Canadice Stein

We have the manual if you would like a copy

The previous owner kept everything together so we actually have the manual for the 705LD which is installed on out '93 H28. It calls out for a 3/8" (10mm) diameter line to be used. If you would like a copy of the manual drop me a line and I can make a copy and send it off to you. The manual is 22 pages long so it would be a cumbersome fax... Good luck with the splicing, Canadice Stein H28 Great Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.