65-66 Contender vs C-24 info needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stephen klinicki

Need information on the aft compartment housing the outboard for a 65/66 Contender vs. the sane year inboard engine installation of the C-24. What is the space used for on the C-24, storage? Also, is it possible to relocate the engine in a Contender model to mimic the "behind rudder" prop placement on the C-24 and lengthen the cockpit. Is the cabin on a C-24 larger in length than the Contender?

M

Mannie Lionni

I am a Contender

I have a Yamaha 8HP outboard in the well. It is not a good installation. It is very hard to keep water from flooding into the well. Before that I had a Seagull, same problem and although the engine was terrific - always started, simple, strong - it was also a bad polluter and very noisy. If I had a Contender with a good reliable single cylinder diesel and a folding prop or an autoprop I would keep it forever for my use.The woodwork requires a lot !!! of maintenance vis a vis the value of the boat in dollars. If you are worried about re-sale value don't even think about it. I have hanked on sails, full batten main, it has always taken good care of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.