60 M band

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
I tried to contact you, Karl, but no go. I did hear W1NG calling for Oregon, Montanan, Washington, and some other state. But nothing from your neck of the woods.

Next time.

Mar 12, 2008
Jeanneau 49 DS San Pedro, CA
Next time. The band was good, I was picking up WWV and a few other stations clear. But nothing close by. I'm guessing we skipped over each other.

Sep 25, 2008
Catalina 27 Old Saybrook
Brian,
W1NG is here in Connecticut. Maybe there is some prospect for 60 meters. If you were listening at 22:30 your time it would be R E A L L Y unlikely that I would be awake. HI HI (telegraphic laugh,telegraphic laugh). But I'll have to listen a bit more. Usually I hear only fairly local < 1200 miles type stations.

Mar 12, 2008
I'm usually not awake at 2230 my time HiHiHi!!! We were trying at 1900 PST. I was thinking that we should have been able to connect via ground wave propagation, but didn't happen. 60 meters seems to be good to go if it wasn't for the 50 watt max power out. I was able to tune in several shortwave stations in the 60 meter band coming in long distance and very clear.

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
I really need a better antenna for that band. Both my vertical and the G5RV Jr. (that is not up) are limited to 40 meters. So I am just barely tuning 60 meters. I really want to get the G5RV up and take the vertical down. One day... :)

Mar 12, 2008
With the rain out there, might be a good weekend to hang antennas. I'm putting up a triband (2 meter 220, 440) antenna up today and will be ordering an HF antenna this weekend.

I really need a better antenna for that band. Both my vertical and the G5RV Jr. (that is not up) are limited to 40 meters. So I am just barely tuning 60 meters. I really want to get the G5RV up and take the vertical down. One day... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.