6" round fluorecsent

Udi

Mar 23, 2021
Hunter 45 ds 2010 Jaffa
Hi!
One of these lamps needs to be replace.
When taking the device out of its place it looks like a one unit that have to be replace totally.
I'd like to replace all 4 of same device to led devices.
Does anyone knows where can I get it, or alternatively where can I get same devices.
Thanks for any info.

Attachments

Udi

Mar 23, 2021
Hunter 45 ds 2010 Jaffa
Well! unfortunately those kind of round lights are not in the market. so my option now is to have the same round light 6" diameter led version.
As far as I saw its the same like RV lighting.
does anyone know where can I get it.
Hi!
One of these lamps needs to be replace.
When taking the device out of its place it looks like a one unit that have to be replace totally.
I'd like to replace all 4 of same device to led devices.
Does anyone knows where can I get it, or alternatively where can I get same devices.
Thanks for any info.

Jun 1, 2009
Hunter 49 toronto
Well! unfortunately those kind of round lights are not in the market. so my option now is to have the same round light 6" diameter led version.
As far as I saw its the same like RV lighting.
does anyone know where can I get it.
I have a new one in box. Bought some as spares . Msg me and we can discuss

Apr 8, 2011
Hunter 40 Deale, MD
So these are fluorescent lights, and not ones with a simple bulb but rather a circular (as opposed to round) bulb. I've taken them completely apart and they are not user replaceable - they're meant to be replaced as a whole unit. They aren't made anymore, and you can't get them online. Finding a direct replacement is almost impossible. I once managed to find a few online from a store that was selling old stock they literally dusted off from a store room, but that was pure luck.

But there is a solution - and it will actually be a better light than what you have now - replacing with LED. Let me search my e-mail archives to find the source I used, but you will want to retain the old metal rings with spring clips because you will purchase new fixtures that won't actually work in your ceiling (overhead), but with some trimming of plastic the actual fixture minus the non-fitting outer ring WILL work in your existing metal rings, making the appearance look factory. And you get updated LED lighting, and the wiring is as simple as the old lights.

I'll repost as soon as I find the e-mail source, and I probably have photos which will be helpful. Just need a day to dig it all up. Pretty simple but worthwhile project - and replace ALL of your lights at once. Not too expensive either.

Edit 1: The replacements I used are Scandvik Model 41370P 6" round 26 LED warm white fixtures. They are 12v, 9.3w, 350 lumen flush mount ceiling lights. iBoats and many other vendors sell these for around $50 each. The issue is the metal frames won't "snap" into your overhead like your old ones. This requires switching the trim rings, which also requires trimming the outer plastic ring off of the new lights to make them fit in the old rings. Using a cutting wheel on a dremel makes this an easy project. I'll try to post photos later.

Edit 2: First, let me put in a shameless plug for SBO, who appears to also sell the replacement lights. I will say they are not DIRECT replacements, as I pointed out above they won't "snap" into your ceiling and you'll need to use the old trim rings because th enew ones use screws for installation (and that doesn't work in the Whisper Headliner). I'll put the link to their lights below. But see the graphic below for what you need to trim after you remove the new light's trim ring (and its relatively soft plastic, so it won't crack, etc. AND you won't see any rough edges once you drop it into the old trim ring):

1626110179932.png

Hunter 36 light, recessed, led, 6 inch, replacement fixture (hunterowners.com) - this is the link to the lights on Hunter Owners.

Last edited:

Udi

Mar 23, 2021
Hunter 45 ds 2010 Jaffa
So these are fluorescent lights, and not ones with a simple bulb but rather a circular (as opposed to round) bulb. I've taken them completely apart and they are not user replaceable - they're meant to be replaced as a whole unit. They aren't made anymore, and you can't get them online. Finding a direct replacement is almost impossible. I once managed to find a few online from a store that was selling old stock they literally dusted off from a store room, but that was pure luck.

But there is a solution - and it will actually be a better light than what you have now - replacing with LED. Let me search my e-mail archives to find the source I used, but you will want to retain the old metal rings with spring clips because you will purchase new fixtures that won't actually work in your ceiling (overhead), but with some trimming of plastic the actual fixture minus the non-fitting outer ring WILL work in your existing metal rings, making the appearance look factory. And you get updated LED lighting, and the wiring is as simple as the old lights.

I'll repost as soon as I find the e-mail source, and I probably have photos which will be helpful. Just need a day to dig it all up. Pretty simple but worthwhile project - and replace ALL of your lights at once. Not too expensive either.

Edit 1: The replacements I used are Scandvik Model 41370P 6" round 26 LED warm white fixtures. They are 12v, 9.3w, 350 lumen flush mount ceiling lights. iBoats and many other vendors sell these for around $50 each. The issue is the metal frames won't "snap" into your overhead like your old ones. This requires switching the trim rings, which also requires trimming the outer plastic ring off of the new lights to make them fit in the old rings. Using a cutting wheel on a dremel makes this an easy project. I'll try to post photos later.

Wow !
That should be great, and in fact as I wrote in the original quote, my main mission was switching to led, so this is exactly what I was looking for.
I'll standby for the e-mail.
Many many thanks.

Oct 27, 2021
Hunter 45CC Tampa
Did you ever find the email and pictures. Looks straight forward, OEM is 3 wire, the new LED is 2 wire. I have not checked them yet but was curious how you wired them?

Edit 2: First, let me put in a shameless plug for SBO, who appears to also sell the replacement lights. I will say they are not DIRECT replacements, as I pointed out above they won't "snap" into your ceiling and you'll need to use the old trim rings because th enew ones use screws for installation (and that doesn't work in the Whisper Headliner). I'll put the link to their lights below. But see the graphic below for what you need to trim after you remove the new light's trim ring (and its relatively soft plastic, so it won't crack, etc. AND you won't see any rough edges once you drop it into the old trim ring):

View attachment 196115
Hunter 36 light, recessed, led, 6 inch, replacement fixture (hunterowners.com) - this is the link to the lights on Hunter Ow

Dec 15, 2019
Hunter 49 San Diego
I replaced the lights in my 49 as instructed above with the SBO LED replacements. I trimmed the flange with a hand saw (coping saw) and smoothed the edges with a wood file. The results are spectacular. I now have bright, high quality, natural looking light. The originals were awful. I replaced the dimmer with just an on/off switch. If I want less light, I’ll use one or more of the spot lights, which I also switched over to LED by retrofitting the originals with an LED bulb.

Oct 27, 2021
Hunter 45CC Tampa
I replaced the lights in my 49 as instructed above with the SBO LED replacements. I trimmed the flange with a hand saw (coping saw) and smoothed the edges with a wood file. The results are spectacular. I now have bright, high quality, natural looking light. The originals were awful. I replaced the dimmer with just an on/off switch. If I want less light, I’ll use one or more of the spot lights, which I also switched over to LED by retrofitting the originals with an LED bulb.
Thank you.. Same question, I assume you had 3 wires, how did you wire them? Did you leave one wire dangling if you will?

Dec 15, 2019
Hunter 49 San Diego
We left one of the wires disconnected. The switch we added can be used with two circuits. Click up activates one, click down activates the other. We could use the extra wire for something else in the future. It is tied to the switch. Here are some pictures.

Attachments

Oct 27, 2021
Hunter 45CC Tampa
We left one of the wires disconnected. The switch we added can be used with two circuits. Click up activates one, click down activates the other. We could use the extra wire for something else in the future. It is tied to the switch. Here are some pictures.
Thank you

Udi

Mar 23, 2021
Hunter 45 ds 2010 Jaffa
Great. many thanks.