40.5 Toucan's pole

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jim Vincent

Hey Mick, Thanks for the information. ...Kemah's still here, ...come on down!! we went over to "Offatts" this weekend and flew the spinnaker all the back up the ship channel, ...it was Great! I've got another question, you mentioned racing with the asymetrical, (if in spinnaker class) are you still limited to "J" ( /- 13')with respect to the pole? take care, tell Debbie Hello, Jim Vincnet, Toucan

Sep 24, 1999
Hunter H46LE Sausalito
yes

your pole is limited to J, and if you have a telescoping pole you're required to indicate the limit of J with a mark (black tape, usually.) since a telescoping pole involves additional weight (and hassle and breakability and expense) most serious racer/cruisers tend to go with two poles, a fixed pole for racing and a telescoping pole for cruising.

M

Mickey McHugh

Racing with Asym - Yaga Moves South

Jim, The pole length can never exceed the J when racing no matter what class you race in. So if you pole out your Genoa or a Spinnaker, your pole cannot be extended beyond the J length. So you also do not want a whisker pole that is longer than J when not extended or else you can not use it if racing. We moved Yaga down the Chesapeake to Norfolk this weekend by way of Whitehall Bay (Annapolis), Solomon's Island, and Mill Creek off the Great Wicomico River for a great 3 day cruise. So we are currently at ICW mile marker zero ready to head south. Only 2000 more to go! See you in September. Mickey

D

Don H.

Toucan dragging anchor?

Is this the same Toucan that I heard rumors of dragging anchor in Offat's Bayou while unattended?

M

Mike Fleming

40.5 good liveaboard?

My sister and boyfriend are interested inthe liveaboard sutability of the 40.5 for a couple at dock in LB Ca.What are your feelings as an owner. Thanks Mike

J

Jim Vincent

40.5 for liveaboard

Mike, i don't live aboard but i think the 40.5 is a great, comfortable boat. the only 40.5 liveaboards i know are are Mickey McHugh

Status
Not open for further replies.