40.5 rocking the strait of Juan de Fuca

Dec 31, 2011
Hunter 40.5 Seattle
Short video of the delivery of our 1993 Hunter Legend 40.5 from Victoria, BC to Seattle across the strait of Juan de Fuca -- that we had to cross 3 times in one day because of a custom clearance issue.

Fun action starts 5:30 mins in

She's old, but young in spirit...
Hope this makes Friday morning Sunday in your office and makes you want to go sailing this weekend! :)

Frederick
SV Pardon My French
Seattle, WA

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Nice video. I love the quality of GoPro video shot in late summer/early fall, the sun's angle creates a cinematic quality to the footage. We had a similar looking evening last night. Just with almost zero breeze.

Mikem

Dec 20, 2009
Hunter 466 Bremerton
Great video. There were tons of gale warnings in the strait this summer. Both times we crossed it was like a mill pond though. Loved the positive attitude of the crew. As the saying goes the difference between a crisis and an adventure is often attitude.

Apr 8, 2010
Ericson Yachts Olson 34 28400 Portland OR
Thanks for posting. Great video!
Perhaps I missed it somewhere, but was there a reason for not checking into US Customs @ Pt Angeles?
I have used them before, and they are a major check in point.

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
Lived in PA as a kid. House had a great view of crown Z stack and panoramic view of the straights. Always knew when sailing would be fun, but Dad waited to buy a boat till we were gone to college - so crewed, lots of time on the straights. Good memories.

rfrye1

Jun 15, 2004
Hunter H376 San Diego
Nice video! Fun ride. Personally I wouldn't leave the winch handles in the winches, Hate to lose them when its blowing like that!
Thanks for sharing.