40.5 Refrigeration Question

Jun 13, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Hampton,Virginia
Does anyone know if hunter 40.5 Legends were ever produced with a spillover type refrigerator system or do they all use two separate units for the refrigerator and freezer?

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
Does anyone know if hunter 40.5 Legends were ever produced with a spillover type refrigerator system or do they all use two separate units for the refrigerator and freezer?
As far as I know from these boards and other 40.5's I have seen, none were built with a spill over system. However, if I recall correctly, one was modified to employ that system.

Jun 6, 2006
currently boatless wishing Harrington Harbor North, MD
I don't believe they ever built one as a spill over type. I can't see why anybody would convert to this as both reefer and freezer have holding plates.

Aug 6, 2009
Hunter 40.5 Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico
Old thread I realize - so posting in aid of current owners looking to replace their old refrig systems. Several years ago we had a spillover fridge/freezer system installed in Mexico. First job was the cutout of the wall between the fridge section and freezer section. This was nicely done and fiberglassed over so looks factory. Then a 1 cubic foot freezer unit was installed in the freezer box outboard side. All our drinks to beside and under the freezer box, the 1 cubic ft freezer will hold a months worth of meat if packed tight. We have a separate ice maker, make batches and keep in the freezer on top of contents. Compressor unit installed in the same space as orig, port side locker under main settee. Danfoss compressor with dual fans, works well for us even in the hot Mexican sun. Let me know if you need more info