3hm35F injection pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSBB 4

Mar 1, 2012
Does anyone know for sure the correct method for removing the injection pump on a Yanmar 3HM35F? The manual mentions removing the fuel lines, four nuts holding it on, then lift it up and carefully disconnect the governor linkage. I have the fuel lines disconnected and 4 nuts off, but can't get it to budge off the block. Am I missing something? Thanks for your help.

Waybad

Nov 12, 2011
Skookum 34 34 Custom DesMoines
waybad

Does anyone know for sure the correct method for removing the injection pump on a Yanmar 3HM35F? The manual mentions removing the fuel lines, four nuts holding it on, then lift it up and carefully disconnect the governor linkage. I have the fuel lines disconnected and 4 nuts off, but can't get it to budge off the block. Am I missing something? Thanks for your help.
I had to drive a thin metal scaper to break what they used for gasket sealer? ended up damaging shims for injector pump. Not sure if you can reuse them anyway. I bought new ones ahead of removal Just in case. Very important to maintain exact thickness. I needed to remove the whole assembly and the front timming cover was also stuck. The front part of the cam had a bur on it. After I removed the bur the front cover came off and I was able to remove the whole fuel pump. Puting it back togeather is going to be anthor story.
good Luck. Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.