39 year old RK20

Aug 25, 2018
RK 20 20 Trailer Sailer
I have a new OLD RK 20 and would like to check if anyone on this forum has or has had one. would like info and advice.
Thanks

FDL S2

Jun 29, 2014
S2 7.3 Fond du Lac
What is a RK 20? Inquiring minds want to know.
It looks like a low cabin Balboa 20. when I was in college one of my roommates family had one and we sailed it a lot, but other than knowing you can drag a rail with two guys and two girls on the high side I don't know much about them.

Aug 25, 2018
RK 20 20 Trailer Sailer
It looks like a low cabin Balboa 20. when I was in college one of my roommates family had one and we sailed it a lot, but other than knowing you can drag a rail with two guys and two girls on the high side I don't know much about them.

Aug 25, 2018
RK 20 20 Trailer Sailer
from what I have found the mold from the Balboa was sold and used for the RK20 I think everything from the hull up was a different design.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
@Golden Roo Hope you didn't get disappointed that your new to you boat did not have a large following on the forum.
We all have boats. Some are of a specific brand and like Ford or Chevy owners some look at the brand others look at the 4 wheels that are on both.

You asked for:
would like info and advice
We are a very sharing group. Tell us your joys of the boat or the conundrums that you can not figure out. I think you might be amazed at what we can do together.

Hope to see a picture of your boat and more posts.

Aug 25, 2018
RK 20 20 Trailer Sailer
Thanks for your input. I have given her the first washing. It has sat on trailer in this guys yard for 18 years and needed a lot of cleaning. NASTY. I'm going to build a gin pole for the mast so I can raise and lower myself.
KIMG0556.JPG

Aug 25, 2018
RK 20 20 Trailer Sailer
Has anyone got any Ideas on building a gin pole for my mast. I can build anything in my shop. How high up my mast should I attach my pulley rigging etc. Pictures and measurements are great.
Thanks for help

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
@Golden Roo i do not know the length of your mast , but here is an image with suggestions on the angles involved. You can use this data to get a reasonable pole length. Remember that High School geometry class. And you were wondering if you ever would need that info. Surprise.
7E088B50-B94C-405F-9980-64644778105B.gif
On my 15 foot boat with about a 19 ft mast I used the jib sheet and a block at the bow. I attached the side stays. Had someone pull the jib halyard up while I got on the boat and guided the mast up. The mast base was on the deck and was hinged. Popped up and eased down easily. Mast was light in weight just a bit awkward.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
There are various ways of attachment to the mast by an a frame, hole in base of mastto insert pole or tangs attached to pole bent to attach to mast with bolt like on MacGregors.
The mast from Dwyer Masts for the Hunter 260 had a small like a square u either bolted or welded to mast. Check their website. Any Hunter 260 owner with a Dwyer mast, please take a photo of the base of the mast raise pole where attached to the mast

Sep 7, 2018
Chrysler C-22 Battle Creek
I am new to sailing, so I dont have alot to offer you. I just bought a Chrysler C22 and it has similar lines\curves to that. I just love the look of these older boats. She is definitely a nice lookin boat!