380 Cabin Light Fixture

Sep 24, 2017
Hunter 380 Alameda
Hi:
I went about trying to replace some lights on my 380 and found that my interior lighting that is recesssed has some fixtures with the toggle switch that is bad. They are white and recessed.

The ones on the mid top of my cabin is daisy chained so that either all of them go on or not, however, the switch is bad.

Does anyone have suggestions on where to replace them? I would of course like them to match the original, or make replacements of all of the recessed ones that would look the same. Is there a place that you can go that has the correct hole size and dome size?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mar 3, 2003
Hunter 356 Grand Rivers
CE6DD486-EDF7-4A36-AE56-CC76ECE9ADC3.jpeg
I’m also looking. Mine are all bad except one. I think we may have to find the small switches and replace the switch. I’ve had no luck so far finding either but am looking.

Mar 3, 2003
Hunter 356 Grand Rivers
After a close look at my photo, the fixture was made by Frilight of Sweden. I found a contact for a USA company rep in Sarasota and have emailed them for information on replacements. I will post here when I find anymore information on these or an led replacement. Hope this hits and I can replace mine too. I have 3, 2 have been inoperable for years and I have not gotten this far in finding a replacement before.

Mar 3, 2003
Hunter 356 Grand Rivers
I looked and didn’t see any with switches. I’ll check again.

Did check and not found on this site. Would love to buy them here, so if someone knows where they are please let me know. These are 2-3/4” round (what’s shown on the photo) plus the bezel with a mini toggle switch.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2010
Hunter 38 Whitehall MI
Send the guys at th store a note. They are so helpful and will likely find what you need or a suitable replacement.

Jun 1, 2009
Hunter 49 toronto
Ok,
There are some nice ways to fix this
First, you can buy led bulbs that pop into the same lead spacing. They are much nicer. No heat, etc.
Next thing I would do is dump the switch.
Go on eBay, and you will find a cool little box called a led touch dimmer
You install this in the head liner.
Then, just put a button head screw where the switch was.
Touch it, its on.
Touch again, it dims,
Touch again it's off
Costs 3 Bucks
IMG_0867.PNG

Jun 1, 2009
Hunter 49 toronto
Just to elaborate a tiny bit
There is a yellow wire that comes out of the black box. That is the touch sense wire.
So, you could, as I mentioned, just pull the switch and use a stainless button head screw as your touch contact.
Or, you can get a metal button plug, and pop these into the headliner close to the fixture & run the sense wire to it.
You will need to solder a wire to it, which is no big deal.
So, for about 3 bucks you have a really cool touch lamp with dimming.
Have fun!

Mar 3, 2003
Hunter 356 Grand Rivers
http://www.salvinco.com/NovaLED8777
I found the fixture after looking crefully at my photo. It is manufactured by FriLight of Sweden and they have a US rep in Sarasota Karen Potter. See the email at the very end of this pdf file. The fixtures are available and the ordering and price are outlined in the attached pdf. There are several other links for other worldwide locations for those of you outside the US.

Art Booas, thanks for your suggestion and detailed advice. If I hadn’t found the fixture I was going to take your advice.

Attachments

viper

Jul 31, 2016
Hunter 380 Cape Coral, Fl
Hi:
I went about trying to replace some lights on my 380 and found that my interior lighting that is recesssed has some fixtures with the toggle switch that is bad. They are white and recessed.

The ones on the mid top of my cabin is daisy chained so that either all of them go on or not, however, the switch is bad.

Does anyone have suggestions on where to replace them? I would of course like them to match the original, or make replacements of all of the recessed ones that would look the same. Is there a place that you can go that has the correct hole size and dome size?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
H380 Owner. Hunter owner store has them,, get the LED version... thye have ll the parts for the lights also... Have replaced 12 of them and/or added LED bulbs

Mar 3, 2003
Hunter 356 Grand Rivers
Look for them here.
http://www.salvinco.com/NovaLED8777
I ordered three and installed last weekend. Work great. I ordered white but the actual headliner and original are beige. You can use the original bezel if you like beige better. They are exact replacements fir the old fixtures except led. Nice and bright.