36 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

john

Hello- I am considering a 36; could someone tell me the difference(s) between a regular 36' and a Mk II- Thanks. (in a mid-90's model) John

Nov 12, 2006
Catalina 36 Bainbridge Island
36 Difference

The Mark II carries the beam aft, ala all new boat styling. This gives you more room in the cockpit. The interior difference is in the nav desk, and aft cabin. The Mark II carries less fuel, and has a smaller holding tank.

A

Art

36 Mark II vs 36

For years 1990-1994 - From the campanionway forward, the layout inside and out is basically the same. From the campanion way aft, the Mark II has a wider beam giving you a wider cockpit. For years 1990-1992 - They have a sliding curtain that seperates the aft cabin from the salon. The nav table faces forward and has extra storge drawers and additional storage under the seat base. There are also no "lower" port & starboard fixed port lights that you have on the 1993 to current models. For years prior to 1990 - They are the same as the 1990-1992 but without a scoop transon. All models offered a u-sharped dinning table or a drop-down table.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Try the C36 Association website

www.catalina36.org They have brochures right on the website. Here's the link: http://www.catalina36.org/site2004/brochures.htm

J

john

Many thanks

Am I correct then in understanding that the 2 different models (36 vs. 36MkII)were not made simultaneously?

Status
Not open for further replies.