"355" Who else owns one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayer

Jun 27, 2012
Catalina "355", #18 Hilton Head Island
Why don't I see any owners or info for the new "355s". I just bought hull #18 and so far love her. Got her from Dunbar Sales in Saint Simons GA. and took her home to Hilton Head. We had a NE on her nose the whole way so motored the inside 19 hours home on 10 1/2 gals of fuel. Love it.
Looking for any info on this new model.
Thx

Dec 2, 2003
Catalina 350 Seattle
Hello Slayer - you might be the first 355 owner posting here.

The C34 Association Forum extended a welcome to the new 355 owners - as some say the boats are similar.....

http://c34.org/bbs/index.php?PHPSESSID=2bcb14d3f6a601cedff2d78f095d7408&topic=6522.0

although I don't think I've spotted any 355 discussions there (other than the "I saw it at the boatshow....").

While the numbering system might make some think it's a C350 follow on, they are two very different boats.

Good Luck!
Tim Brogan
April IV C350 #68
Seattle

Jun 8, 2004
Catalina 320 Dana Point
While the numbering system might make some think it's a C350 follow on, they are two very different boats.don't
What are the differences Tim?
I saw a 350 at a show a few years ago but looking at stuff at Catalina's website I'm not getting much sense of how they differ.
I'm getting shorter on the wait list for a 35 ft slip so I'll be selling my 320 and need to decide between a 36, one of the 35's or maybe a 375 (pretty rare around here yet).
How you liking your boat ? anything you'd like different?
BTW Slayer you only got #18, I don't think there are many other 355 owners in the world yet, let alone on this forum. I've owned a few Cat's and most have been in the triple digit hull numbers:)

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
The 355 is a completely different boat than the 350, and it has the aft head and layout similar to the C34. It's also got a completely different hull than the 350.

The 355 group hosts a Google group, so Google them and join in, they have tons of information.

A respondent here named Solstice has one. I forget the highest hull # so far, but our C34 IA is "hosting" their memberships. I'll look up so see if your hull #18 has been sent into us for C355 IA membership. You could also pm me, as I'm the C34IA Secretary and membership database guy for both.

May 10, 2008
Catalina 355 Boston
Welcome Slayer, I have hull #17, took delivery last June. As Stu says we have both a google group and are part of the Catalina family via the 34 owners forum. Look forward to having another 355 owner as part of our group(s).
If you have owned other boats (particularly a Catalina), you will find some similarities, but there are also many unique aspects of the '5 Series' as it is a completely new design for Catalina. I come from a C30 and my last boat was a C320 which I owned for 13 years. Will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and hopefully you will join both the C34 association and our google group....Congratulations, it's a phenomenal boat!

Dec 14, 2011
Catalina 355 Adelaide, Sth Australia
C355's

You may like to go to http://www.catalina355.net/, and from there to an active Google Group with lots of helpful info.
I have #62 in Adelaide, South Australia.
David
Why don't I see any owners or info for the new "355s". I just bought hull #18 and so far love her. Got her from Dunbar Sales in Saint Simons GA. and took her home to Hilton Head. We had a NE on her nose the whole way so motored the inside 19 hours home on 10 1/2 gals of fuel. Love it.
Looking for any info on this new model.
Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.