35.5 Hunter Legend Bilge hose replacement

Aug 14, 2011
Hunter 35.5 Legend PCYC Shediac, NB
I have a 1991 Hunter Legend 35.5 and I am replacing my bilge pump and would also like to replace the hose. Following the hose from the pump across the floor and up the side of the hull it disappears between the nav console and the Wall of the shower. I can see where it comes out on the storyboard side but don’t know how to get in behind the shower.
Has anyone replaced there hose or know how to get behind the shower and tap sat ?

nfg2u

Feb 13, 2016
Hunter Legend 35.5 Fort Pierce
You can get behind the shower, just cut all the sealant away on both sides of the upper panel and remove the screws in the mid panel. It's not a fun job but I replaced the bilge thru-hull and had to get behind the shower panel. Replacing the hose will be a tough job with all the wires that come up through that area but it should be doable. Full day job, then you will need to re-seal the shower wall. It might be a good time to replace the old plastic thru-hull as well as take a good look around and possibly replace the shower hose and hardware. Make sure you leak check everything before you seal it back up. Some folks cut an access panel to do the thru-hull but I didn't want the wart! YMMV.
Steve

Aug 14, 2011
Hunter 35.5 Legend PCYC Shediac, NB
Thanks Steve I looked closer this evening and if I follow your suggestions it will work out great.