323 air conditioner

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
The Benny 323 not being a very big boat, has anyone put A.C. on it? Where? Brand? I think it might get hot in Florida in the summer.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I think it might get hot in Florida in the summer.
I believe that statement to be a certainty. You can bet the boat on that one and walk home a winner.

Not just hot, but humid as well.

Jul 23, 2009
Beneteau 31 Oceanis Grand Lake, Oklahoma
Last year I replaced a faulty 12k btu CruiseAir unit with a 16k btu Dometic Turbo Global unit. They are basically the same unit. The 16k is an inch larger in every dimension. I had to get creative to fit it in the same location. The old unit did work from time to time but the new unit worked much better.
Yesterday I finished upgrading the main salon duct from 4 inches to 5. Sounds easy, it wasn't. Hopefully it was worth the effort and expense. I'll let you know this summer.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2009
Here are a few pictures of my AC install. The unit is installed under the settee with red and white pillow on it, the vent is just above and to the left.
Don't forget the water pump. This one is installed under the galley. On my First 285 the pump was located behind the engine.

Edit, I should have renamed my pix.

Attachments

Last edited:
May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
I believe that statement to be a certainty. You can bet the boat on that one and walk home a winner.

Not just hot, but humid as well.
It gets unbearably hot and humid in the summer in Florida. In the Gulf of Mexico the winds die down and the water temperature exceeds 90F. You cannot install a big enough A/C unit but resist the temptation and get one in 12.5K BTU range so that it can be ran with a portable generator. A Honda 2000eu generator is the unit of choice.

Jul 23, 2009
It gets unbearably hot and humid in the summer in Florida. In the Gulf of Mexico the winds die down and the water temperature exceeds 90F. You cannot install a big enough A/C unit but resist the temptation and get one in 12.5K BTU range so that it can be ran with a portable generator. A Honda 2000eu generator is the unit of choice.
My Honda 2200 would easily start/run the 12k on either of my boats. I have not tested it with the new 16k BTU unit. When I do I'll report back.

May 31, 2013
Beneteau Oceanis 41 Beaulieu-sur-Mer
Here are a few pictures of my AC install. The unit is installed under the settee with red and white pillow on it, the vent is just above and to the left.
Don't forget the water pump. This one is installed under the galley. On my First 285 the pump was located behind the engine.

Edit, I should have renamed my pix.
Great photos. What is the make of the A/c unit?

Jul 23, 2009
It's a Dometic Turbo unit. I purchased it from Wright Marine, great service and the only place I could find one at the time.
There are plenty of other good units out there but I don't have the space for them.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Troy, what is that pole from the table to the overhead, next to the mast. Looks like a beach umbrella, but I can't believe you punched a hole through the deck for it. Or did you?

Jul 23, 2009
I think there is a compression post and a hand hold. Maybe twin compression posts. I'll have to take a closer look at it. Its a factory setup.