315 in Newport Beach, CA?

Jan 23, 2021
Catalina 315 81 Newport Beach
Greetings. I am a long-time Catalina 30 owner considering moving to a 315. However, not sure if it will fit in my slip on Lido Isle. If anyone has a 315 in Newport Beach or plans to visit this spring, it would be appreciated if we could test your boat in my slip someday. We could stay safe and keep our distance.

Any other pointers on buying a new 315 would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Greetings. I am a long-time Catalina 30 owner considering moving to a 315. However, not sure if it will fit in my slip on Lido Isle. If anyone has a 315 in Newport Beach or plans to visit this spring, it would be appreciated if we could test your boat in my slip someday. We could stay safe and keep our distance.

Any other pointers on buying a new 315 would be appreciated.

Thank you!
Have you considered calling the Catalina Yachts broker you'll be buying the new boat from for his input. I can't see the issue with replacing your current boat with one that's only a foot longer with maybe a slightly wider beam. What issues in particular are you concerned about? The 315 has an open transom that you can moor stern in... lots of docking options.

Jan 23, 2021
Catalina 315 81 Newport Beach
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, the beam of the 315 is about a foot wider than the 30. And that would put it very close to the size of my U-shaped slip. But, depending on the actual curvature of the 315 hull, it might fit fine with small fenders. It would be nice to figure that out before going too much further.

Unfortunately, the long-time Catalina dealer in Newport Beach is gone now, so would need to work with someone from afar...

I remain hopeful...