311 PHRF

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Scott Goldwyn

I race my 311 with the local sailing club and I'm having difficulty finding the PHRF for this model. I've searched the web and although they rate plenty of Bene's they don't have a rating for the 311. Any 311 owners have any info?

D

Dave Humphreys

it depends!

Scott: The only way to find out your actual PHRF rating is to apply to your region for a PHRF certificate for your specific boat. Your precise rating will depend on the configuration of your boat, sails, keel, etc. The New England PHRF lists one Beneteau 311 at 183 this rating does not delineate if any credits were given for such things as fixed or folding props, roller furling, head sail size, etc. That same PHRF list includes a Beneteau 331 at 171. This is the same rating (171) I received for my Beneteau 331 "PATRIOT" under Chesapeake Bay PHRF rating. I have seen west coast ratings for the Beneteau 331 as low as 144. My base PHRF here on the Chesapeake Bay is 156 plus credits, in my case for fixed three blade prop and above deck roller furling headsail. Hope this helps. regards, Dave Humphreys Beneteau 331 "PATRIOT" Annapolis

J

Joe Hanna

Try this site

Try looking at the attached web site-it includes a rating for the 311. I have been given a rating of 159 and 162 for my 311, but neither does much good unless the wind is really kicking.

Status
Not open for further replies.