310 Rendezvouz- Lake Erie

Oct 3, 2011
Anam Cara Catalina 310 Hull #155 155 Lake Erie/Catawba Island
Greetings 310 Owners:
I want to give everyone some advance notice to check here, MAINSHEET and the 310 Owners website for News about a Lake Erie 310 Rendezvous to be held August 22nd. All 310 owners are welcome. I am putting all the final touches together and will get it to you soon. Hope to see you then.

rukidn

Apr 23, 2012
Catalina 310 258 Sandusky, OH
Since this will be our first, we made a trial run from Sandusky (Dock of the Bay) to MBI State Park on Friday. We've never visited and weather was in our favor so we paid a visit. We probably averaged close to 7 knots sail up; winds 14-18. Beautiful marina, easy access as the channel just South of Ballast Is. is clearly marked. Wish we had come equipped to spend the night.

Genoa halyard shackle failed on close reach return between Kelly's and Marblehead, but that is another thread...

We are really looking forward to August!

Attachments

Oct 3, 2011
Glad you got a chance to check this out in advance! It is a nice new marina. There is also a free pump-out there. I am trying to get a definitive answer on how the dock reservations are to be made If I can guarantee 8 Boats then dockage is arranged one way, if not than its another...... :O( Any way, No matter what, anyone interested in attending should email me or Bob James privately and advise that you will be attending. We will do an appetizer Pot luck and would like to do a raft out at some point also.
We look forward to seeing everyone who can make it.
BTW, We will be at the Sandusky Sailing Club this weekend racing the Stein Hospice Regatta (Round The Islands Race) and the finish line is just outside of Middle Bass Island and the awards ceremony is held there also.

Oct 3, 2011
Ahoy Mates!

Catalina 310 International Association
Invites you to our
1st Annual Rendezvous
Saturday - August 22nd, 2015

Middle Bass Island State Park, Ohio
http://parks.ohiodnr.gov/middlebassisland

What you need to do:
• Contact Alan Clark (aclark1325@woh.rr.com) if you’re attending.
• Make your own dock reservation at MBI State Park
1. Call 1-866-644-6727
2. Be sure to tell them you are with the “Catalina 310” group & that we are assigned “Pier B”. The only discount available is through the Golden Buckeye Card. You’ll need that number & credit card information.

What you need to know:
• Check in after 11:00 a.m.
• MBI State Park monitors channel 71 (Call in for your dock assignment.)

Tentative Schedule (as of this writing!)
• Welcoming – whenever you arrive! All 310 owners receive a special gift!
• Open Hatch Party on board your boat – 3:00 to 5:00 p.m.
Share appetizers * Show off your vessel * BYOB
• Dinner at a local restaurant – 7:00 p.m.ish

Those 310 owners who are association members around Lake Erie received a personal email. Updates will be forwarded to them as well as posted on this forum.

Oct 3, 2011
Greetings, As of now we have 6 boats coming and the schedule is still the same as above, I will send emails out again to those that are registered around the area (Lake Erie). Again if you are interested please email me. We are Looking forward to seeing you and having a fun weekend.