310 PRICES

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

john dewey

I am wondering if the economy or the introduction of the 309 model has an effect on resales of the 310 line. Due to economic reasons I have had my 310 on the market for over 1 year. To date no lookers and I have now dropped the price for the last time. Any feedback is appreciated. John TIC TAC III

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
The 310 and 309 are completely different boats

for different uses. The 309 is a replacement for the venerable C30 and is an entry level boat (at a very high price). The 310 was designed as a "serious" cruiser for a couple. Lots depends on who you "market" the boat to. Approaching the sale as just another 30-ish some size boat may not work for you. Many uninformed, or new to boating people, don't understand the difference in the purpose of the design of the boat. Have you contacted your C310 group to find out if someone close by, or a friend of someone who has one, may be interested?

Jim

May 21, 2007
Catalina 36 MK II NJ
Re: The 310 and 309 are completely different boats

Na! totally wrong. They are just boats models. One didn't replace the other. That is like saying the 376 is the replacement for the 36. It is a different boat that targets different buyers!

Jun 8, 2004
Catalina 320 Dana Point
Stu is entirely correct, I've admired the 310

since (and lusted after one) since the first one I saw in 2002, my first impression of the 309 was that it was a POOR replacement for the 30 and aimed at competing with another manufacturer on price. The market is limited for the 310 because it appeals to the coastal cruiser who knows he's not gonna take it around the world but wants an extended range for solo or a couple. There's only about 300 310's I believe and none older than 5-6 years, frugal buyers(or cheap like me) are gonna consider the 320 as more available (read cheaper). Also the current enconomy is not helping sell boats at all, good news is there are a lot of people like me circling like sharks waiting for the boats to depreciate a little more and those earliest boats priced lowest today seem to sell real quick on the west coast, where there aren't very many. If you are thinking of downsizing I have an "outdated" 270 we could talk about working a trade/exchange, talk is cheap.

J

john dewey

The boat is a 2004 hull # 249. Listed on Yacht World and located in Branford Conn. TIC TAC III

Jun 4, 2004
Catalina 310 LaSalle, MI
It's too bad you are having trouble selling...

Other than a better hull joint, and standard in-mast furling, I don't believe the 309 compares to the 310. The 310 has beefier deck hardware and bigger tanks. My wife and I also like the cabin layout better. The 310 fits us perfectly. I wanted to buy one used in 2004, but couldn't find one...anywhere! So, we bought our 310 (hull#312) brand new and love it!

Jun 4, 2004
Catalina 310 LaSalle, MI
One More Thing...

The 310 is NOT "outdated". Catalina is still making this model on request (according to Catalina). Also, the issues you may be having selling might be more related to the state of the economy than anything else. There are a ton of boats for sale up here in Michigan...more than I've seen in the last several years.

paulj

Mar 16, 2007
Catalina 310 Anacortes,Wa
price

Put your price $2,000 above those existing 310 sailboats (I don't think the year means that much )that will test the market real fast.I know that it would get my attention real fast. Good luck. paulj

Status
Not open for further replies.