310 ignition key switch

May 3, 2008
Catalina 310 Catawba Island
Using my best "nautical speak" (the Admiral loves it when I use technical terms like grab that 'thing'), the rubber quarter-sized cover, gasket, thingy that might be designed to keep water out of the switch has deteriorated and fallen off. Anyone know where to get one of these? Maybe replace with an O-ring???

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
I think you mean a item maybe 1 in across with a pull-tab on the side? That's what I have on my Yanmar B panels. Maybe a chair leg protector, or a cover for a water hose nozzle? Medicine bottle cap?

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Went to get my switch cover, it is 30mm across, the recess to fit over the switch is 26 or 27 mm. Karl that owns a local engine repair was there and says these covers are NOT available on their own, but I'll send hm a reminder, and he'll call Yanmar to see if available. Will update then. You may have to walk the aisles of the hardware store. Caps on threaded pipe come to mind. I got one of the clear engine panel covers, and that protects all the gauges and switches.

Dec 29, 2017
Beneteau Oceanis 411 Baltimore
A less than $5 part at West Marine, didn’t think that was possible.

May 3, 2008
Catalina 310 Catawba Island
Part from Catalina Direct was the correct replacement. Price all of $10.84 with tax and shipping. Thanks for the link!