310 Genoa Track

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Waine Ratliff

I have a '97 310 and I'm considering a larger head sail (135-155). Does anyone have any experience in this on this model? Where is best location and what problems did you have?

D

Darrel Richards

Genoa Track

Hi Waine, Where is Pickwick Lake in TN? I am looking to buy property in TN and want a good sailing lake with lots of sailing activity. One that I heard about was Cherokee Lake and the Cherokee Lake Sailing Club. Any thoughts? To answer your question, you would be better off having your sail maker give you the suggestion when he measures for your sail. Does your boat have tracks currently? You should have down 4-6 feet of track on that boat for use with all different sizes of sail. You'll want at least a 135% and if you have lots of light air days in your area, you'll want to have the flexibility of changing to the 155%. We sail down here in Florida, and we are talking all year around, all 12 months, so the sail inventory includes the very samllest (80-90%) to the largest (155% or 170%). The sail I use the most is the 135%. Good Luck in picking the right sail, do you have excess to a good sail maker?

J

Jesse Tate

Genoa Track

Waine, I have the same question. I spoke with Eric at Air Force sails who was helpful but I haven't taken any action yet. One concern I have is will the B&R rig take the added stress (probably will) but more importantly, am I asking for mast step/cabin top leaks and problems down the road? If you find out anything from other sources that are not posted here let me know and I will do the same. Thanks. J. Tate Relesha II

A

Alex

Look in archives..

..there was some explanations about a 29.5 ( quite similar to 310) that had such bigger headsail rigged, incl a genoa track-this one out and back of the original one.

Status
Not open for further replies.