310 dodger frame

Mar 27, 2016
Catalina 310 NAS Pensacola
My Dodger frame doesn't stow all the way forward, runs into the traveller. The shorter bar folds down, but not the main frame. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Likely it was not designed to be folded as another forum thread discussed the same issue in the link below. Why not roll up window(s) (assuming they are flexible) or rip out panels for ventilation or remove the entire dodger when you do not want to use it.

Mar 27, 2016
Thank you, I'm keeping it stowed, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something!

Sep 29, 2008
Catalina 310 #185 Quantico
I actually added handrails to mine for something to grab on when walking from the foredeck back into the cockpit. One of the best things I ever did. Also, when I re-did my dodger I made it so all the windows can be zipped out; a little more work but really nice when racing on a hot day.

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
Ours came with handrails installed on the dodger. I find them essential now for going forward. At my age, I wouldn't trust myself to scoot around the dodger in bumpy conditions without them. The dodger is heavily constructed and does not fold. I like to roll up the panels in good weather, which is sufficient for our needs.

Mar 27, 2016
Thanks, Tom... we don't use the dodger so it is stored below. While I like grabbing onto the frame, I sang my head on it when coming up from below. It means forward and the smaller part of the frame folds fine, but the main frame is about two inches too long and runs into the traveller. No big deal, I very much appreciate everyone's comments, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something!

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
Thanks, Tom... we don't use the dodger so it is stored below. While I like grabbing onto the frame, I sang my head on it when coming up from below. It means forward and the smaller part of the frame folds fine, but the main frame is about two inches too long and runs into the traveller. No big deal, I very much appreciate everyone's comments, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something!
Would "Hogdriver" be a driver of the A10 Warthog? But you wouldn't be flying that out of NAS Pensacola, right?

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
Retired with 3000 hours, wish they had one at the NAS!
Wow! I respect that airplane immensely, and the people who fly it! Now that you are "flying" the C310, remember to keep it low and slow, like the A10.

Mar 27, 2016
You know, it is a remarkable combat airplane. If I was a troop, that's what I would want overhead.