310 DC Current Draw Chart

Aug 19, 2021
Hunter 280 Chesapeake Bay - Fort Monroe
I suppose you sell medical trusses and supports on the side.

Why not just test the battery in place with the engine starter and avoid the hernia ?
I don't sell anything. I have just turned wrenches my whole life and the most accurate test for cranking amperage and voltage can be found at an auto parts store or garage.

If this issue is a loss of amps during cranking the engine and the issue just started after fall winter conditions set in, 9 times out of 10 the battery is going bad.

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
If this issue is a loss of amps during cranking the engine and the issue just started after fall winter conditions set in, 9 times out of 10 the battery is going bad.
Absolutely, couldn't agree with you more :thumbup:.

My point is, give your back a break (as in a rest, not a fracture) and test the battery in place as per posts #14 and #15.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2009
Beneteau 31 Oceanis Grand Lake, Oklahoma
An inexpensive load tester can be purchased for under $40. I use them frequently.

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
I don't sell anything. I have just turned wrenches my whole life and the most accurate test for cranking amperage and voltage can be found at an auto parts store or garage.

I think Ralph was pointing out that the original D4 batteries in the C310 weighed about 100 pounds, and were difficult to remove.