309 v berth door

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 9, 2010
Undecided 30' Something Oyster Bay, NY
If you don't order the optional folding v berth door, am I correct that there is no door on the v berth?

Jun 7, 2004
Catalina 309 Ottawa
Yes you are correct. I didn't order one for our boat and don't miss it. Whether or not you'll need one depends on how you intend to use the boat.

Gary
Glory Days C309 #136

Aug 2, 2009
Catalina 315 Muskegon
We have the folding door on our boat. It's alright, but I'd prefer a draw curtain. The door's located in a restricted space, so deployment is is hindered a little. Appearance is okay.

Oct 16, 2009
catalina 309 hull #182 skull creek marina hiltlon head
have a 2010 catalina 309 that was rigged in december. did not get the doors and and also do not regret it. very satisfied so far, handles under power great and very easy to sail.

Jun 13, 2009
Catalina C320 mk 2 Australia
Looks nice in the brochure!

The door looks nice in the brochure but we removed the door on our C320 within a week of new. Unless you really need the privacy its a pain in the backside as it gets in the road. The v berth is much open and airier with out it.

Feb 9, 2010
If it's just a couple overnighting onboard, do you prefer to sleep in the aft cabin or forward v-berth?

Apr 22, 2009
2 309 Ocean Springs
Easy one for us. We always prefer the v-berth. More intimate with lots of toe touching and makes for great stargazing with hatch open. Away from noise of a/c unit. Easy to peek a view out of the hatch to check boat position when at anchor. When others aboard we just open the door to the head and secure with a nylon strap. That way others can use head while we stay out of view. Most of time we alone so don't miss door at all

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 27_75-84 Frankfort IL
Where do we sleep?

This will be our 5th summer with our 309 and we have always slept in the aft cabin. On previous boats we slept in the V-berth, but this one is very high and hard for 1st mate to get into, both to sleep and to make up. I added a piece of "egg-carton" foam under the aft cabin mattress and it is pretty comfortable. We have a clip-on fan for a little air movement, and the AC "white noise" is hardly noticeable.
Ken Reed..."Duet" #22
New Buffalo, MI

Feb 9, 2010
I anticipated getting different answers but interested in hearing why one chooses one berth over another. It's always nice to have choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.