3.5 hp four stroke Tohatsu carburetor crew part

Oct 2, 2008
Island Packet 31 Brunswick, Ga
image.jpeg
image.png
image.jpeg
Engine running poorly, float sticking, so I pulled the carburetor for cleaning. I am currently on a mooring ball in Saint Augustine and am stuck on the boat until I get this resolved. when I took the carburetor apart a small rubber plug was laying in the bowl. I am having a hard time finding out where it goes. Below see the photos of the parts diagram. Also photos of the part I am holding 1-16, a rubber cap. between my thumb and index finger. Can anyone tell me where it goes? in one picture I am pointing a screwdriver at the spot I believe it goes.

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
If you found the piece in the bowl it is likely it came from that area. The diagram agrees with you (1-16) and it if fits just stick it in there after you figure out how it is supposed to stay. Assemble the carburetor and give it a try. It would not be the first time I had to disassemble and assemble a carburetor a couple of times before getting it right. On these small engines when the carburetors get badly fouled it is sometimes the best course of action to bite the bullet and purchase a new replacement.

EV21

Apr 29, 2016
Macgregor 21 Venture Delaware ...
Wish I could help but I wonder if you could copy this query with your pics that are excellent to a Tohatsu service center or even a factory service rep?