2qm 15 oil change in H33

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kevin Hostler

In my service manual for the 2qm 15 it says that oil quantity is 2.7 liters and 1 liter effective what does this mean? I changed the oil and filter for the first time and could only pump out about 1 litre ,plus what may have been in the filter (I inserted a tube down the dipstick tube until I hit the bottom of the pan) Is that all I can expect to get out or am I doing something wrong? I would think I should get more than half the oil out for servicing. Thanks Kevin

E

Ed Schenck

Not enough.

That's not enough out of the pan unless you were very low to begin with. Did the stick show full? What does it show now? Mine is a 2QM20 and there should not be that much difference. I take over 6 quarts out of mine. The manual says five(5) liters. If the boat is level then the angle of the motor should put the oil at the back. Is that where your dipstick is? Did you notch the suction tube so that it does not suck itself tight to the bottom? Was the oil hot before you started? Then it takes a really good pump I find. Let us know.

K

Kevin Hostler

correction

My manual says total 2.5 liter not 2.7 , I warmed the engine did notch the end of the tube and the dipstick said just under full when I started. I used a good vacume pump and only pumped 1 liter out. I still would like to know what 1 liter effective means.

D

Don Baker

oil

The last time that I changed the oil on my 2qm the engine was full when I started. I warmed the engine and when I was done , I had approx 2 quarts of waste oil

Status
Not open for further replies.