295 mast

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gene

is the mast on a 1984 295 keel stepped or deck stepped? I see a post in the cabin. thanx,gene

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Islander/Wayfairer 30 sail number 25 Perryville,Md.
If the mast is keel stepped

then the same piece of metal that you see while you are on deck will poke through a hole in the deck and down through the cabin and down through the cabin sole. If it should be deck stepped then you should be able to discern a small gap at the point where the mast contacts the deck fitting. Also if the mast is deck stepped and you release all of the shrouds and stays it will fall down. If it is keel stepped and you release all of the shrouds and stays it will get real wobblely but it won't fall down.

V

Vince Benn

My '84 S295 is stepped on deck. The stainless steel tube in the cabin is a compression tube extending from the keel to the cabin top just under the mast support. The centerboard sheet runs through it. Vince Benn Hull #18, "Dalliance"

G

gene phares

mast

I know the difference I just didn't know about the 295. now that I think about it what about other models down to the 24? and which ones have a centerboard or swing keel. I'm looking for a 25 to 28ish boat with a centerboard or swing. not a hunter or catalina. I've looked at odays. hard to find with no water intrusion in the deck somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.