29.5 throttle location

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BOB H

I would like to know if anyone shares my frustration with the throttle location on the 1994 29.5. It makes docking very difficult. I have toyed with a number of modifications but nothing that is real satisfactory. I am considering a console replacement. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

J

Joan

Question unclear?

I'm an owner of a 94 (Hull 91) Are you a new owner? The forward, reverse and speed are all one lever. I usually come into dock in neutral, reverse very briefly and back to neutral, let engine idle for 5 minutes before shutting off below. Unclear what your problem really is.

P

Phillip Coker

Clarification

I have the same concern. The control lever is too low on the pedestal for comfortable use. I have and oversized steering wheel which I really like but which aggravates the problem. I have to bend over the wheel to operate the control lever at a time when I really need to be standing as tall as I can to watch the dock or other boats. Not possible to raise it any higher because of the traveller. Am thinking about adding an arch to get the traveller off the pedestal but that will require a custom installation because the arch on the 290 is not a retro item. Would be very interested in a solution to this problem. Phillip Coker Silent Dancer

Status
Not open for further replies.