272 Opinions Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Ken

O'Day 272 Opinion Wanted I'd like to hear your opinions (good & bad) about the 272 as I'm considering purchasing one. Welcome comments at: kgelao@ibtechs.com

T

Tom Ehmke

272 opinion

Ken, I've owned an Oday 272 since 1995 and have quite a bit of experience with this pocket cruiser. However, I have limited experience with other cruising sailboats so altho I can talk about the 272, I can't make comparisons with other boats of similar size. My e-mail address is tomclaud@wcnet.org if you are still interested in the boat. I don't check the website much during the summer and I see that you wrote your inquiry a couple of weeks ago. I wish I had seen it sooner... anyway if you want to ask questions, feel free, and I'll answer what I can. Tom Ehmke tooth 'n' nail Catawba Island, Ohio

J

J. Miller

I love mine...

I bought my 272 in July of 1999 and sail it quite regularly on Lake Michigan. I have added soem vreature comforts to her in the last 14 mths but much of the original equipment is still in use. She is a great baot and have had few problems. Feel free to contact me with further qusetions. Overall I am very pleased with this, my first boat.

T

Tom Ehmke

272 opinions-to J.Miller

I responded to the 272 opinion also and am interested in the upgrades you have made on your 272 in the last 14 months. I've owned mine since 1995 and sail on Lake Erie, but have also cruised on Lake Huron. I,like you,love this boat and would like to share thoughts with other 272 owners. What year was yours built. Ours is a 1986 model, hull no. 237. I've also upgraded a few things on the boat, but nothing major at this point. My next project (spring 2001) is self-steering. I've been looking at tiller pilots for a couple of years and will shop this winter for next season. Tell me about your upgrades. I don't know about you, but I enjoy talking about the stuff on the boat and what I've done to make sailing it more enjoyable and easier to singlehand. Hope you enjoy the rest of the (short) season on Lake Michigan. Tom Ehmke tooth'n'nail

Status
Not open for further replies.