272 Diesel tank location.

Oct 26, 2017
O'Day 272 Westport
Looking for the original location of the diesel tank in a 272. My tank is a plastic cube located in the Lazerette locker directly below the hatch. I would like to move it aft in the locker in the u reachable space.

Pat

Jun 7, 2004
Oday 272LE Ninnescah Yacht Club, Wichita, Ks.
Evil Daddy, we have a 272 LE and the fuel tank is located right below & behind the aft helmsman's seat ...it is visible from the aft cabin and it is tucked into the very narrow space that is the aft end of the boat....I'm guessing the space is approx. 4 (four) inches wide and the fuel fill cap is located on the flat space that occupies the space immediately aft of the helmsman's seat....the boat did not come new from the factory with a helmsman's seat but a friend of ours made us a beautiful teak seat as a boat warming gift from plans that were available at the time from "This Old Boat" magazine.....I can take pictures for you but I'm not able to post them...., but would be happy mailing them to you....just let me know in a reply. Patrick

Pat

Jun 7, 2004
I think it is centered...if you look at the back wall/bulkhead of the cockpit, it occupies the space right behind the rear bulkhead at the rear of the boat/ aft of the engine controls, etc...

Jan 9, 2014
oday 272 le westport, ma
I think it is centered...if you look at the back wall/bulkhead of the cockpit, it occupies the space right behind the rear bulkhead at the rear of the boat/ aft of the engine controls, etc...

Pat

Jun 7, 2004
I have pictures but never have learned how to attach them to this website.....If you can send me a message with your cmail address I can send them.....mine is pcoulter2@cox.net.....it's been a fabulous addition to our boat.....it's beefy and there is nothing to break...hinged on the port side......Pat Coulter

Jun 2, 2004
Oday Day Sailer Wareham, MA
To post pictures here, you just need to click on the "Upload a File" choice, right next to "Post Reply", it will then open a search window for you to brouse for the picture from your computer you wish to post.

Pat

Jun 7, 2004
Can you email me your address......I downloaded a decent photo of the seat last night, but cannot attach the picture to your email....If you can email me a pcoulter2@cox.net with your address I will send it to you later today...Patrick in Wichita....413 No. Vassar, Wichita, Kansas...67208....is my address