26X vs 26M head size

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Suggesting going to sailboat shows and visiting brokers to look at many boats to find one that will have a head of the size you need, like a Beneteau Oceanis 30.1 with a large walk-in toilet/shower arrangement.
1595865020623.png

NINEv2

Jul 21, 2020
Catalina 250 Black Hills
The term "Boat Buck", or one thousand dollars, is jokingly used to soften the blow of marine expenditures. Actually, it's never helped me that much...

Good luck with your search. The head requirements should be doable, but may take a bit of looking. Now that everyone knows the usage plan, I bet you'll get better suggestions.
I'm learning more every day, but the composting heads I've looked at are already a thousand bucks!
Not really. The rear berth is the best spot, but it's not easy to get into. Also, you will need to reinforce the area under the mattress (and likely get another mattress or at least a mattress topper), to have a satisfactory berth. The cheap plastic access covers under the mattresses slide around leaving holes to drop through. You'll need to make a plywood underlay, or similar, for the berth areas.
And that's the perfect snippet of info that I could've scoured the webs for days for and never found. Thanks!
Suggesting going to sailboat shows and visiting brokers to look at many boats to find one that will have a head of the size you need, like a Beneteau Oceanis 30.1 with a large walk-in toilet/shower arrangement.
View attachment 182950
*sigh* Maybe one of these days? Looks like an awesome layout, but it's too long.

A couple other considerations: The boat should be <29' (slip fees jump 50% >29 feet), and we will be spending 3-5 days at a time onboard.

I'm also looking at Hunter 260, 28.5, and 290s and cat 28.5s as well, though the 290 and cat are probably too expensive.

Can anyone give me front to back and side to side dimensions for the 26X head?

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Hunter 260, 28.5, and 290s................they have really small heads like the Hunter 290 below.... probably similar to my Hunter 31. My Hunter 386 and 46 seem very spacious compared to that, even at < 30 inches wide. But, if you are handy OR can find a carpenter you/he can rebuild the head to make it as large as you desire.

1595867761654.png

NINEv2

Jul 21, 2020
Catalina 250 Black Hills
I know my way around a shop a bit, but I've never done any fiberglass work before.

NINEv2

Jul 21, 2020
Catalina 250 Black Hills
Wow. The 290 was as large as I was thinking about going (and out of budget) and it's only marginally larger than the others. Looks like I just need to learn to deal.