26S Swing Keel Wrench? Size and Length to Bend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hodge3000

Hey fellow Mac Sailors! I was cleaning the bottom of my 26S and wanted to get the swing keel out. Once I peeled out the two round hole covers, I found that non of my tools could reach the two nuts that hold the swing keel in position. Does any one know what size the open ended wrench is? And how far back you have to cut/bend it in order to fit up into the hole and hold on to the nut? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Cheers from Canada!

H

Hodge3000

Thanks for the Great Picture!

Wow. Great Picture! I would estimate that the bend is back about an inch and a quarter, based on the picture! Thanks so much for the quick response and information! Cheers! Hodge3000

Aug 27, 2006
C&C 29 MK-1 Mandeville (Lake Pontchartrain), LA
Thanks also for the good photo

Bob, I agree, thanks for the great photo. Many have explained it, and as a new 26S owner, I've tried to visualize it, but your picture fully tells me how it works. I like the idea of the bent wrench, I would have never thought of that. Kevin P.S. Is replacing the centerboard cable, which retracts it thru the cabin, ever an issue and how would that be replaced if ever broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.