26 manual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
I just purchased a Balboa 26 and was hoping to find a manual. Does anyone have a PDF or a link?

Thanks,

r

CalebD

Jun 27, 2006
Tartan 27' 1967 Nyack, NY
Merlinuxo beat me to it.
They have the individual pages as .pdf files of the original B26 manuals posted in the Files section of that group.
They approved my membership in < 1 day. You need a Yahoo ID but it is free to register for one. The pictures of the towing vehicless take me back quite a few years. 1972 loong Chevy Impala towing a B26!
I bet there is some other useful info at the group website.

I run a Yahoo group for the Tartan 27 (T27Owners) and we have the original manuals kept there as well.

Jan 19, 2010
Merlinuxo beat me to it.
They have the individual pages as .pdf files of the original B26 manuals posted in the Files section of that group.
They approved my membership in < 1 day. You need a Yahoo ID but it is free to register for one. The pictures of the towing vehicless take me back quite a few years. 1972 loong Chevy Impala towing a B26!
I bet there is some other useful info at the group website.

I run a Yahoo group for the Tartan 27 (T27Owners) and we have the original manuals kept there as well.

Hey Caleb

Good to hear from you. Actually I've been waiting since Friday but I figure it is close to Christmas so I figured it might be a week or so.

r

CalebD

Jun 27, 2006
Tartan 27' 1967 Nyack, NY
rgranger,

I run/moderate one of these Yahoo groups and we have the same anti-spam sign up procedure. The sign up procedure asks you to tell the moderator something about yourself and why you are interested in the group.

I asked to join the group this afternoon and was approved a few hours later so something must have gone wrong with your first attempt to join. In the box provided for telling them about myself I put: "My friend just bought a Balboa 26 and I am looking for the owners manual for him."
I'd suggest you try again and put something like: "I am the proud new owner of Balboa 26 hull # xyz. I am looking for any and all info about this great boat. Thanks."
The moderator gets an email and has to find the text you entered and then they decide whether or not to approve your membership. Spam-bots got to be a problem on my T27 group so we had to implement the same registration procedure.
I'd try again.

Jan 19, 2010
rgranger,

I run/moderate one of these Yahoo groups and we have the same anti-spam sign up procedure. The sign up procedure asks you to tell the moderator something about yourself and why you are interested in the group.

I asked to join the group this afternoon and was approved a few hours later so something must have gone wrong with your first attempt to join. In the box provided for telling them about myself I put: "My friend just bought a Balboa 26 and I am looking for the owners manual for him."
I'd suggest you try again and put something like: "I am the proud new owner of Balboa 26 hull # xyz. I am looking for any and all info about this great boat. Thanks."
The moderator gets an email and has to find the text you entered and then they decide whether or not to approve your membership. Spam-bots got to be a problem on my T27 group so we had to implement the same registration procedure.
I'd try again.
Thanks Caleb

I'll try again. I don't know the hull number yet, since I have not taken possession yet but it sounds like something went wrong with my first attempt.

Apr 14, 2013
Balboa 24 Beaver lake
I have just aquired what I believe is a Balboa 26. I know she is a Balboa but the model and year I can not find. She went through an auction prior to my purchase so an original title is not available. Can you tell me where to find the hull number? From what i can find online, based on pictures and sailboatdata.com she matches a 26 almost perfectly. She needs a ton of work and I have never had a boat this big. Need some serious help with layout and rigging mainly. Never had 8 shrouds and stays on a mast.

Jan 19, 2010
I have just aquired what I believe is a Balboa 26. I know she is a Balboa but the model and year I can not find. She went through an auction prior to my purchase so an original title is not available. Can you tell me where to find the hull number? From what i can find online, based on pictures and sailboatdata.com she matches a 26 almost perfectly. She needs a ton of work and I have never had a boat this big. Need some serious help with layout and rigging mainly. Never had 8 shrouds and stays on a mast.
The HIN is on the transom, starboard side. There will be a lot of numbers but the last three are the hull 773 . I saw you posted this in an earlier thread. You will need the entire HIN for your application.

Status
Not open for further replies.