23.5 with Air Conditioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johann

Jun 3, 2004
Leopard 39 Pensacola
I recently installed a Mermaid M5 on my H23.5. It really wasn't that difficult. The details are on the photo projects forum. It works GREAT! Alot of airflow and it will freeze you out at night. All I need now is a beer fridge, big screen TV, and a lazy boy.

May 24, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Cypremort Point, LA
Rick Webb here is your next project!

Very impressive Jo. I've often wondered what it would take to put A/C in a 23.5 and now you proved what it would take. Great Job! I can hear Rick's Webb's gears turning all the way over here in Louisiana!;D

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Fort Walton Yacht Club, Florida
Cool, Way Cool

Great job! I had salivated over one of those in my boat. Before I ask the wife about it though about how much did all of the pieces cost you? The gears are definitly buzzing.

Johann

Jun 3, 2004
Leopard 39 Pensacola
Cost

I got the whole deal from First Mate's Cabin. M5 A/C $945 Standard install kit $183 Condensator $139 Water Pump (no longer included in kit) $89 Total $1356 Shipping was free and it arrived in 3 days. I think you could save some money on the install kit, but probably not enough to offset the time required to find all the pieces. The only extra hardware I had to get was a 90 deg brass elbow to connect the through hull to the seacock, and some shorter SS mounting screws, the 2in ones were too long. The condensator is optional as well, but unless you can build one on your own, all that condensation will end up in the boat. If you dont have shorepower that will be an added expense as well, but under $300 I think. Anyway I think it was a great investment. We will be using the boat alot more since we can be comfortable out there no matter how hot the days get. The mermaid folks are great, their tech reps will answer any of your questions about the install(even before you buy) and Id be happy to talk with you as well...

Feb 26, 2004
Hunter 260 Sophia, NC
I did the same thing on my Hunter 260

To see pictures look under 260 in the Photo forum. I think I put it under 260 improvements

May 24, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Cypremort Point, LA
Jo, Shore Power Question

Joe, Where did you mount your shore power inlet on the outside of the boat? On the gunwale, on the forward facing bulkhead? Thanks

Johann

Jun 3, 2004
Leopard 39 Pensacola
Power Inlet

Jonathan, I put the inlet just below the aft nav light (see photo). On the inside, it is connected to a galvanic isolator, then run through a conduit (identical to the one used for the nav light) to the panel. 10 ft (max recommended from inlet to main breaker) of cable worked perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.