22 O'Day boom vang and water pump question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

augiedoc

I remember somebody answering a question on how to rig the boom vang but can't find it now. Also, is the fresh water system a pressure system or pump system at the faucet? Any help would be appreciated.

S

Stu Timm

Fresh Water System Answer

O'Day 22's have a 5 gallon tank located just under the forward end of the cockpit. It feeds a 1/2 inch flexible hose to the galley sink which in most models has a hand-operated pump. The sink drains direclty overboard through a nearby thru-hull connection. The water tank fill hole is accessible through the starboard cockpit locker, right next to the battery. Happy Sailing! Stu

M

Mike Basham

Boom Vang

I installed a boom vang on my 1972 23' O'Day. I bought a small "ready to go" vang from Boat US for about $80. I attached the lower end of the vang to a bracket connected to the bolt that goes through the bottom of the mast; that way I didn't have to drill through the mast. I did have to drill through the boom and attached the upper end of the vang to a bolt running all the way through the boom. It works great, especially since my main sheet attaches to the very end of the boom. Hope this helps some. Good luck!

R

Rob

Boom Vang ODay 22

My boom vang attaches to the boom with a small pc of cable with a ball on the end. This slips into a slot on the boom. The mast end is attached with a small length of 5/16 line which wraps once around the mast through a small padeye on the forward side of the mast close to the deck. This holds the line down. The line reves through a small block which attaches to the vang. The block allows the boom to swing with being restricted by the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.