$211 Water pump!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bob F

My raw water pump that cools the AB "super cool" refridge unit has failed on my 1998 H376. I checked with the AB supplier in SAn Diego and was quoted $211!!! Does anybody have a better idea. The pump is rated at 1/2 GPM and draws less that 1 amp. Thanks. Bob

May 21, 2004
Hunter 376 Waukegan
No need for the pump

I haven't used my refrigerator water pump in four years. The AB works just fine without it. You should be able to confirm with the manufacturer that it is OK to operate without the pump.

Feb 10, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Warwick, RI
Look at the pump

and get the manufacturer's name and model number. Search the web. I'll bet you can find the exact pump for under 50 bucks.

Jan 2, 2005
Hunter 35.5 Legend Lake Travis-Austin,TX
Google!!!

Like Rich said, try to get a mfg. name and/or model # and do a web search. Should be no problem

D

David Ochoa

March pump

Just went thru the same thing 2 weeks ago. Mine was a March pump model #893-001-04, 1.0 amp, 12 volt DC. The 2005 Defenders marine buyers guide has the pump on page 71 for 157.99. I got it from a company called RPARTS for 133.20 plus shipping. I'll include website.

Dec 2, 2003
- - Seabeck WA
Yep, I bought a March pump from RParts too.

They are mag drive so they should last a really long time. Mine is 6 gallons a minute. I needed that flow rate for the watermaker booster. Seems to me it's rated at 1 amp or so. How do they do that?

May 5, 2004
Hunter 386 Little River, SC
Too add some clout to Steves post

.... my marine refrigeration guy told me the same thing. Said you really don't need it until ambient temps are in the 100 degree range. Mostly, the pump is for boats in the warmer climes. Save your $200. Mine never worked from the beginning, bu the refrig worked fine. Jeff

Jul 20, 2005
Whitby 55 Kemah, Tx
My pump

had problems running on my 1996 376 until I unbolted it from the bracket and laid it with the output hose pointing up and put it on a small towel. Before that, it made a terrible noise and wouldn't pump half the time.

D

David Ochoa

I agree .............

when mine went out earlier in the season the refrig/freezer worked fine, but as it got hotter as it tends to get down here in Texas it was taking longer to cool it down after being off all week and I find with the pump back in operation it cools off faster, I guess it improves the efficiency.

Status
Not open for further replies.