2022 Apostle Islands Cruise! Want to Come?

Sep 15, 2016
Catalina 22 Minnesota
Hello my fellow Catalina 22 sailors. This year I am working with the Catalina 22 National Sailing Association and putting together a Cruise in the Apostle Islands August 22-27. If your interested in Joining us details and registration can be found at: https://www.catalina22.org/index.php/1037-apostle-islands-cruise-august-22-to-26

Lets see just how many boats we can get to invade the Apostle islands on Lake Superior this summer!

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2022
Catalina 22 12482 Champaign-Urbana, IL
I am definitely interested, but this is my first season with my Cat 22 and I'm not sure if I'll be ready for a trip like that just yet. Should I fill out the form anyway?

Sep 15, 2016
Catalina 22 Minnesota
@brockangelo Filling out the form signs you up for the cruise. The form is mostly so that I know who all to get slips for at the different marinas. We currently have 14 boats coming along with skippers experience ranging from new to veteran. So depending on your sailing experience I would say come on along. Its relatively easy sailing and with so many islands shore is not ever all that far away. You can also motor the entire days cruise distance if you wanted as each day is not all that many miles. Also incase of the worst there is a USCG station in Bayfield to help in emergencies. How long have you been sailing? If you have other questions please feel free to ask here or on the Catalina Association website. Also if you want to talk shoot me a DM and we can exchange numbers. The more the merrier I always say!

Feb 28, 2022
Catalina 22 12482 Champaign-Urbana, IL
That sounds really exciting. I just filled out the form. I've been sailing on small craft since I was a kid (like Lasers and Sunfish). I've done a catamaran trip in the British Virgin Islands with three other couples, though it was motored the entire time, but it did get us oriented to cruising. And my wife and I are ASA 101 and 103 certified. I'll be taking the Cat out this summer on inland lakes pretty often, so I fully expect to be confident in my abilities on it, but may need to plan for the requirements for the boat to be on the Great Lakes.