2010 O'day rOnDAYvous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2004
Oday 35 Staten Island, NY
Thanks, I may take you up on your offer. Depending on whats going on with my schedule I may follow you there.
As we get closer to the date, I'll circulate a list of cell phone numbers, so attendees can stay in touch if we're not within VHF range but also don't have access to email.

Jun 2, 2004
Does anyone have any info on moorings in the area?
From the MapTech cruising guide:

"The harbormaster (631-477-0392) controls mooring and anchoring in the basin; reservations are a must for weekends. The transient moorings have two lobster pot-style floats tied to them: one orange, another green."

I'd suggest calling ASAP just to boost the chances of getting a mooring reservation.

See you there.

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ

estopa

Feb 27, 2008
Oday 222 Milford, CT
Are you guys getting mooring or a fixed dock at the marina?

Also I noticed there was an Inn across the bay, "Townsend Manor Inn & Marina" is there any other places to stay within walking distance?

estopa

Feb 27, 2008
Oday 222 Milford, CT
Yahooo!!! Got my reservation into Patrice at Brewer's Stirling Harbor Marina.

Reservation # 11826

You guys better hurry up. They are holding our places because when I first called they said no way then I informed them I got an ODAY!!! VIP treatment all the way!!!

Jun 2, 2004
Yahooo!!! Got my reservation into Patrice at Brewer's Stirling Harbor Marina.

Reservation # 11826

You guys better hurry up. They are holding our places because when I first called they said no way then I informed them I got an ODAY!!! VIP treatment all the way!!!
Way to go, George! I'm going to recirculate your note about hurrying up, via the rOnDAYvous email list, to get people off their duffs. It's just a matter of time before Brewers says they can no longer hold the spaces for O'dayers.

Pete

Jun 2, 2004
New rOnDAYvous newsletter

The May edition of "The rOnDAYvous Report" e-newsletter is now available. If you're already on the routing list, you've already gotten a copy sent to you. If you're not, send me your e-mail address and I'll make sure to add you.

While you're at it, be sure to sign up for the big O'day get-together, July 16-18 in Greenport, L.I. Spots at Brewers Stirling Harbor marina are going fast, but they're holding a few open for select O'day procrastinators.

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ

Oct 21, 2005
Oday 26 Indian Cove, Guilford, CT LIS
Capt. Pete sent this notice out to those on the e-mail list, and I will post it here.

This year's model will be a polo, done in beautiful Carolina Blue (or Tarheel Blue, for you purists). The shirts will have a specially designed left breast logo and an equally special sleeve logo featuring the word O'day in signal flags and -- get this -- your boat's name and size.:dance:

I am handling the orders for this year's shirt, which will sell for a mere $25 each (XXL is $1 more, and XXXL is $2 more) Payment should be in CASH ONLY at the rOnDAYvous. (If you really want to send a check, it must be in advance. E-mail me -- rjchaplett at gmail dot com -- and I'll send you my mailing address.) Anyone not attending the rOnDAYvous who needs their shirt(s) shipped should e-mail me to make the necessary arrangements. Orders should be sent to me at the e-mail address above. Please include boat name and size, and be sure to spell the name correctly as you want it to appear on the shirt. We are not responsible for any spelling errors. Orders must be placed by June 18.

Jun 2, 2004
Still in?

Ken, Max, Keith...

I know it's a long drive to Greenport (for some of you longer than for others), but I'm wondering, and hoping: are you still coming to the rOnDAYvous? I sure hope so, because it's gonna be a dandy!

Let me know when you get a chance. And if you're not already on the mailing list for the rOnDAYvous e-newsletter, send me an e-mail address so I can get you up to speed with all kinds of useful information.

See you in Greenport!

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O--322)
Little Silver, NJ

Oct 2, 2008
Island Packet 31 Brunswick, Ga
Re: Still in?

i still hope too, money is the main issue, ( i could work more shifts, but that defeats the purpose!! :))
what inexpensive accomadations could be had. Is there an opportunity or place to tent camp?

Jun 2, 2004
I came up with the same hit on Google. Looks user-friendly enough, and not all that far from Brewers. So why not make a go of it?

Nov 11, 2008
Oday 34 Noank, CT
Ok, the number for the harbormaster gave me a private line to a kind gentleman. He told me moorings are first come first served. Anyone get better info than this? The admiral and I will be early!

Jun 2, 2004
June e-newsletter

The June edition of "The rOnDAYvous Report" e-newsletter is now available. If you're already on the routing list, a acopy should be in your in-box by now. If you're not, send me your e-mail address and I'll make sure to add you.

While you're at it, be sure to sign up for the big O'day get-together, July 16-18 in Greenport, L.I. Spots at Brewers Stirling Harbor marina are going fast, but they're holding a few open for select O'day procrastinators.

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ

Oct 2, 2008
Re: June e-newsletter

Looks like I will be working, maybe next year...dang it
Have a great time guys.
keith

Jun 2, 2004
Have a great time guys.
keith
Doggone it! And I was so hopin'.

We'll raise a glass to you and other absent mates, Keith, and hope to see you at the next one.

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ

Oct 21, 2005
Oday 26 Indian Cove, Guilford, CT LIS
YO! procrastinators

You have until Friday, yes Friday the 18th to order your shirt for this years Northeast rOnDAYvous. You will not want to miss out.

Have a great time guys.
keith
Sorry to hear that Kieth, your going to miss a great one

Attachments

Oct 2, 2008
Re: YO! procrastinators

thanks for the warm words guys, I was hoping to fly into NJ and visit Taylor then drive up to see you guys. Maybe next year.
have a great time

Jun 22, 2010
Oday 25 Cooperstown, NY
Hello all,

I'm Ed and my wife Lori and I are relatively new (owned for a few years but not sailed all of them) owners of a very well kept 1983 O'Day 25. We have named her "INITIUM," Latin for Beginning.

We bought her from the Hudson River Nautical Museum on Roundoubt in Kingston. Sailed her as she was for a couple years and now we are doing "some work" on her to freshen up and or improve.

We are doing the work ourselves and since we suffer amateur status on this topic find it slow going but anticipate it being worth the efforts.

Anyways, We are very excited and while not likely to be able to attend with boat the event this year we may make a genuine attempt to drive down.

We live in Oneonta, NY and sail Otsego lake in Cooperstown, just up the road.

Please add us to your group's mailing list and feel free to share our address and info around to the group.

Say hi and if we can help let us know.

I sent an email to "Capn Pete" with a request to be on your mailing list and our contact info as well.

We REALLY look forward to learning this whole sailing/ ownership thing.

If you are ever headed our way say hi.

Ed & Lori​

Nov 11, 2008
Oday 34 Noank, CT
Ok folks, we made it a day early to Greenport. Sterling marina looks nice. Floating docks, nice looking Italian restaurant, ice, pool, and fuel. The town moorings are right outside the marina and they get $1.00/ft/night. Here's the number for the town moorings:

631-375-5845

Ken is the harbormaster and he's a real nice guy.

See you all there!

Status
Not open for further replies.