2006 Hunter 41DS House Bank Charging off alternator

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
Well. Your partially correct.
Power is supplied to the ignition via a power relay.
That compensates for a power drop to the starter motor Solenoid during cranking.
In Fact, without this pwr. Relay high power comsumption can keep fuel injectors from operating among other issues.
Partially? How?

First of all, there's no "ignition" for a diesel engine (just as there's no throttle).

What do you mean by "power drop to the starter motor Solenoid during cranking?"

What "pwr. Relay?"

Wow.

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Thanks for your opinion, ive replaced many over years of boat repair, as a Marine Tech.
They Burn up the Relay contacts...
Over time.
I was a marine tech way back in 1980, and since got an electrical engineering degree. I have never seen an ACR fail, for any reason. If they are failing, they are installed in systems for which they are not rated or not appropriate; or, they are improperly installed.

Aug 22, 2023
Mariner 32 Ketch Olympia
What the heck are you talking about? Do you have an electronic injection engine in that boat? And, what does this have to do with this thread, anyway?
Wow, Grumpy!
Alot of Boaters have FI in their Gasoline engines.
Even, Newer Diesels have electronic controls supporting the injection system.
Google it. That's for non believers!
Have a great Day.
2000 and above mainly.
Low current to these controls causes problems

Aug 22, 2023
Mariner 32 Ketch Olympia
I was a marine tech way back in 1980, and since got an electrical engineering degree. I have never seen an ACR fail, for any reason. If they are failing, they are installed in systems for which they are not rated or not appropriate; or, they are improperly installed.
WOW!
SO YOU AGREE THEY FAIL!
We did not speak of conditions of Failure.
Yer Stuxk Captain on the Rocks of Doubt.
Look it Up!

Dave

Forum Admin, Gen II
Staff member
Feb 1, 2023
Gentlemen, let's keep this civil. We can agree to disagree and we can have different opinions, just keep it civil and not personal.

Thanks.

Aug 22, 2023
Mariner 32 Ketch Olympia
I retired as a certified Marine Tech. In 2021, 35 yrs.
Way different than 1980s Technology.
Emission standards, new Boats.

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Wow, Grumpy!
Alot of Boaters have FI in their Gasoline engines.
Even, Newer Diesels have electronic controls supporting the injection system.
Google it. That's for non believers!
Have a great Day.
2000 and above mainly.
Low current to these controls causes problems
Ha, ha. What percentage of sailboats under 50' do you think have diesel engines with electronic injection, or gas engines with electronic FI? Funny.