2005 Hunter 36 Salon Table

drm1

Sep 13, 2020
Hunter 36 Bayport Yachting Center
Hi everyone. We just bought a 2005 Hunter 36. Great boat so far.

We have the wraparound salon with the table around the compression post.

I’ve read on the forums that the table does not sit flush with the benches when in the down position ... same for us.

The table “post” has a knob on the side of it that looks it should allow the post to move the table up or down, but mine doesn’t extend or contract. Am I doing something wrong or is the knob just for decoration.

The table isn’t as useful as we’d like but different height options would be useful.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
@drm1 Welcome to the forum. I think Sail SFBay has nailed the info you need.

When you finish with the table, take some pictures of your new boat and share before winter comes a calling.

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
Been many years since I lowered my table on my 2007 H-36 but sounds right what SF said but what I found
was table only goes so high and was sort of pain sliding around to sit at table so used a spacer very light
material the size of 2/8 under where table is bolted and now table is way better to slide around to sit down.
Nick

drm1

Sep 13, 2020
Hunter 36 Bayport Yachting Center
Thanks for all of the helpful suggestions. It turned out that the piston was seized. I ended up getting a replacement, and now it works great!

I will take some pics this spring and post. On the hard now since it's winter here.

Seadaddler, would you mind posting a pic? We have the same issue ... the table is way too close to my sea belly.