2004 Catalina 320 shower refrigerator drain.

Aug 7, 2023
catalina catalina 320 norwalk
Does my shower drain directly into the main bilge? The shower drain pump (located opposite side of boat from shower) connects to the main bilge so I assume the shower drains is the main bilge and the shower drain pump is also the bilge pump? The shower will not drain so I assume I need to snake it out and expect the snake to come out in the main bilge
where the keel bolts are? The shower/main bilge pump seems to work fine when I fill the bilge with water.

also should I expect the refrigerator to drain directly into the main bilge where the keel bolts are??

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2004
Catalina 320 Dana Point
On my '02 boat the pump drains either icebox or shower sump in the head and is controlled by a wye valve under the head sink.

Aug 7, 2023
interesting , but is there a float switch in the shower sump to turn the pump on? the only float switch I see is the one in the main bilge where the keel bolts are

Jun 8, 2004
Catalina 320 Dana Point
There's a breaker labeled "shower pump" on electric panel above nav desk and a switch on the front of the head sink for the shower/icebox pump.
Float switch in bilge is for the bilge pump located under the port side settee. The icebox will not drain put must be pumped out with wye valve directed at it and both breaker switch on panel and sink mounted switch on. They pump thru the head sink drain so that must be open also.
They made changes to these components over the years, the shower on a C270 drains to bilge but not 320's.

Aug 7, 2023
odd, I have no switch around head sink.
Shower pump( so labeled by factory) under port settee drains main bilge with float switch and strainer .
when you say they pump through the head sink do you mean the pump must be turned on before you take a shower?
thanks so much for trying to help! I'll look around the boat more tomorrow! Mine is year 2004

Jun 8, 2004
Catalina 320 Dana Point
The breaker switch on main panel at nav desk must be on, then waterproof switch on sink is used to drain shower sump as needed. I just pulled this picture up on google , it shows switch and plate on the head sink. They made changes during the production run, I think my shower pump is under the head sink.
1698547339991.png
1698547339991.png

Aug 7, 2023
maybe I am completely blind. I will check again tomorrow. Again thank you very much for the effort!

Aug 7, 2023
it turns out I was completely blind. I guess I assumed it was a nameplate like appears elsewhere on the boat so I ignored it without seeing the rocker switch hidden behind the cloudy plastic. In any case thank you so much for the effort!!!!