• Mobile App For Android Now Online!

Download it here. The app is searchable in the Google Play Store under Sailboat Owners.

Sorry iPhone/iPad users, we are still waiting on Apple. :(

Click the X in the upper right corner to make this go away

2002 Hunter 270, need jib furler track line (halyard?) diameter

Apr 9, 2017
Catalina 22 Eagle Creek SC, Indianapolis
I need to replace the line that runs up the foil track on my jib furler, the boat is a 2002 Hunter 270 (same boat as the 260 but with wing keel and inboard diesel). Does anyone know the diameter of that line, and the length?
Trying to find the replacement part online but not sure if the proper name for that is the jib "halyard" given that it doesn't run through the mast, just up the front track of the foil.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Is your system a CDI and if so it is a FF2 system. That part has a part attached to it and can be purchased from CDI. You are referring I assume to the internal jib halyard and that sir is a CDI furler.

Apr 9, 2017
Catalina 22 Eagle Creek SC, Indianapolis
Thanks Dave, CDI part number 1932. Looks like I need 34' of 1/4" line.

Dec 2, 2003
Hunter 260 winnipeg, Manitoba
the halyard your looking for also has a ferrule on it. You could try contacting the SBO store to see if they have or can get one - they are a dealer for CDI. If not you can inquire with the manufacturer here:

http://www.sailcdi.com/spare-parts

They are a Winnipeg Manitoba based firm.

Your furler is likely a FF2.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Go direct to CDI if the SBO store does not sell it. Mention my name and that will open the door for you but say Crazy Dave.