2000 H380 Freedom Inverter Charger

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
Mainsail,

Can you expand a bit on this? I'm not sure I fully understand how the bond on board can easily be changed when using the inverter on shore vs. offshore.
Thanks.

#1 You only ever install a "Marine Inverter" if it's to be is physically wired into the vessels AC system. Follow the marine specific instillation instructions for properly wiring the internal automatic transfer switch. Reputable & reliable marine inverters include Magnum, Victron and to some extent Mastervolt.

#2 This bear REPEATING...... You only ever install a "Marine Inverter" if it's to be is physically wired into the vessels AC system. Follow the marine specific instillation instructions for properly wiring the internal automatic transfer switch. Reputable & reliable marine inverters include Magnum, Victron and to some extent Mastervolt.

#3 Non marine specific inverters should NOT be wired into the vessels AC system. If one insists on using a non-marine inverter then it's AC output circuit should remain 100% isolated from the vessels on-board AC system.

If you don't fully understand what was said above, or in my previous post, please hire a professional that does understand these nuances. AC can kill and not all inverters are the same. Some inverters can create very, very dangerous situations when installed on a boat....

Aug 28, 2006
Bavaria 35E seattle
#1 You only ever install a "Marine Inverter" if it's to be is physically wired into the vessels AC system. Follow the marine specific instillation instructions for properly wiring the internal automatic transfer switch. Reputable & reliable marine inverters include Magnum, Victron and to some extent Mastervolt.

#2 This bear REPEATING...... You only ever install a "Marine Inverter" if it's to be is physically wired into the vessels AC system. Follow the marine specific instillation instructions for properly wiring the internal automatic transfer switch. Reputable & reliable marine inverters include Magnum, Victron and to some extent Mastervolt.

#3 Non marine specific inverters should NOT be wired into the vessels AC system. If one insists on using a non-marine inverter then it's AC output circuit should remain 100% isolated from the vessels on-board AC system.

If you don't fully understand what was said above, or in my previous post, please hire a professional that does understand these nuances. AC can kill and not all inverters are the same. Some inverters can create very, very dangerous situations when installed on a boat....
Got it. I'm having a Magnum installed by a pro. It will be direct to the AC. I just wanted to make sure if I needed to mention anything about the bonding nuances.

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
Got it. I'm having a Magnum installed by a pro. It will be direct to the AC. I just wanted to make sure if I needed to mention anything about the bonding nuances.
If he's a pro just make sure he will be installing it to ABYC standards, you may also want to ask if he is ABYC certified. Also ask him to check, while he is there, for any on-board AC neutral (white) to AC grounding (green) bonds.. If he does not understand your question he's probably not a qualified marine electrician.

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
nav seat... big 8D
:plus:
BTW my Freedom 2000 has a low voltage cut off [mine at 10.8VDC].
The remote control station needs Power to Work.:)
_____
I had the same problem. I simply put a DC Jump start on one house battery and in less than 20 seconds, the remote station lit up and began recharging the house battery.

After my panic subsided...
I was happy the Freedom 2000 had that battery saving feature.
Jim...