2 inch sanitation hose

Johann

Jun 3, 2004
Leopard 39 Pensacola
I need 2” hose for my discharge from the holding tank. Has anyone had experience with Great White Headhunter hose?

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
I would have bet $1 that you used the outer diameter measurement to arrive at 2" hose size, but to be on the safe side, I called Leopard's US offices and you do indeed need 2" hose! Headhunter seems to be only source for sanitation hose in that size...I wouldn't use anything but sanitation hose. Fortunately their hose is excellent, but UNfortunately VERY pricy and seems to be available only in 50' coils. Hopefully you can buy only the amount you need.

--Peggie

Johann

Jun 3, 2004
Leopard 39 Pensacola
Thank you Peggie. It looks like I can get it by the foot at Fisheries Supply. Fortunately I don’t need much at $27.81 a foot!

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
An off-the-wall idea that may or may not be a good one, but worth considering to save at least $10/ft:
1.5"-2" reducing adapters at or near each end to let you use 1.5" hose. Raritan SaniFlex RaritanSaniFlex hose is the top rated hose...has proven to be 100% odor permeation resistant and is also so flexible it can be bent like a hairpin without kinking...making re-hosing jobs a LOT easier! Fisheries has it.

--Peggie

Apr 8, 2010
Ericson Yachts Olson 34 28400 Portland OR
Oh Peggie....
Per the above site: "Smooth fabric finished – antibacterial vanilla scented"
Vanilla !!!
:)

Johann

Jun 3, 2004
Leopard 39 Pensacola
An off-the-wall idea that may or may not be a good one, but worth considering to save at least $10/ft:
1.5"-2" reducing adapters at or near each end to let you use 1.5" hose. Raritan SaniFlex RaritanSaniFlex hose is the top rated hose...has proven to be 100% odor permeation resistant and is also so flexible it can be bent like a hairpin without kinking...making re-hosing jobs a LOT easier! Fisheries has it.

--Peggie
Yes! That is the plan, on one side anyway. I was able to replace one of the 2" Forespar 93 series valves with a 1.5" valve, but on the other side I can't disassemble the valve because of restricted space, So I will just use a short piece of the Headhunter and then a reducer and the saniflex. I am ordering new Ronco tanks with 1.5" discharge. The original tanks are aluminum (!) and and showing signs of corrosion.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
I am ordering new Ronco tanks with 1.5" discharge.
Will 1.5 hose fit your deck pumpout fitting, or will you have to use a reducing adapters that end?

If you have enough clearance above the tops of the new tanks, specify all the fittings on the top of the tank, with a pickup tube (aka "diptube") inside the tank on the discharge...Ronco will supply the dip tube assembly. If you plan to have the ability to dump tanks, TWO discharge fittings--both in the top of the tank--will eliminate the need for a y-valve.

If you'd like discuss fittings locations and sizes, send me a PM...I'll be glad to brainstorm it with you.

--Peggie

Apr 8, 2010
Ericson Yachts Olson 34 28400 Portland OR
Good info. When I reformatted our boat's head & tank plumbing scheme, I had Ronco make up a (larger size) tank with one inlet on top, and two dip tubes also on the top. No fitting leaks in the future will seep sewage into the bilge.
Helpful folks at Ronco, even if their tanks are not ... vanilla scented.
:)

Johann

Jun 3, 2004
Leopard 39 Pensacola
Will 1.5 hose fit your deck pumpout fitting, or will you have to use a reducing adapters that end?

If you have enough clearance above the tops of the new tanks, specify all the fittings on the top of the tank, with a pickup tube (aka "diptube") inside the tank on the discharge...Ronco will supply the dip tube assembly. If you plan to have the ability to dump tanks, TWO discharge fittings--both in the top of the tank--will eliminate the need for a y-valve.

If you'd like discuss fittings locations and sizes, send me a PM...I'll be glad to brainstorm it with you.

--Peggie
The deck fittings are 2” Amiot, which I will replace with 1.5” Amiot. The hole cutout dimensions (and screw hole I think) are the same. You book has been very helpful! But I have some (more) non standard things going on, so I’ll send you that PM to see what you think about what I’m trying to do...