1998 Hunter 340 V-birth for baby

Aug 16, 2018
Hunter 340 Tacoma, WA
I have a 10 month old son and my wife and I just purchased our first sailboat; a 1998 Hunter 340. First off best purchase we ever made and the perfect family vacation home. But our biggest problem I have been having trouble figuring out is how to essential turn the forward V-birth that sits like 4 ft from the ground into essentially a crib. I was thinking of Lee cloth but in reality he is 10 months old, he is starting to walk and soon will be all over the place. I want something that he can safely sleep/ play in but cant escape from while we sleep or are doing something and need to set him down. Any thoughts or ideas would be great!!!

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
If you Google "Kids on boats" you will have enough reading for a lifetime. Really.
Each kid is different. Activity levels vary widely.
Do you have a quarterberth?
When we got this boat 20 years ago we made the mistake of letting our son use the V berth. ?We never got it back! And we have a silly-huge V berth. We're glad he gave up sailing! :)
And you already bIrthed your baby. You sleep in a bErth.

Aug 16, 2018
Hunter 340 Tacoma, WA
damn I like this, it comes with supports so I dont have to drill a net into the side of the boat and the mattress could fit over the middle